Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Hello,

I tried to install the 2 kexts in other with kext wizard, then rebuild the cache and restarted, but the sound still does not work. Am i missing something?

Should i install all kexts to S L E ?

Thank you,
Cosmin Cucu

Audio kexts should be installed in SLE. The others can be left in Clover EFI.
Thank you for the feedback on thermal pads. My advice is then to remove them.
Heat around, below or above the battery is detrimental to battery lifespan.
You want to have battery cells as cool as possible, as hot batteries degrade way more quickly.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
I just found out the part. I will install all kexts in the other folder. I do have 2 follow up questions :

While I do appreciate the personalised keyboard for the dell 9360 , I have a British laptop version. Is there any chance I could find somewhere the British version of the file?

I have a Microsoft arc bluetooth mouse, which connects fine. But if I reboot, it is not recognised anymore. I can see the old one paired in the bluetooth setting, and if I try to pair one again, a new one will appear (which I don't think is how it is supposed to work)

Thank you,
Cosmin Cucu
Use Ukelele free app to create a new layout. You learn how to use it in 5 minutes.

Audio kexts should be installed in SLE. The others can be left in Clover EFI.
Thank you for the feedback on thermal pads. My advice is then to remove them.
Heat around, below or above the battery is detrimental to battery lifespan.
You want to have battery cells as cool as possible, as hot batteries degrade way more quickly.

thank you for you response, i still have a few questions, if i may.

Sound still does not work . Just to be even more clear, i have tried the following things :

i installed in S L E the kexts : cloverHDA.kext and CodecComander.kext using kext wizard (the printscreen on what settings i used are attached ), clicked the repair permissions and rebuild cache tickboxes, executed, then restarted, sound not working.

i installed in S L E the kexts : cloverHDA.kext and CodecComander.kext using kext wizard (the printscreen on what settings i used are attached ), used your command to rebuild the cache (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /), restarted, sound still not working

I installed in S L E ACPI.kext, NRCM*.kext, HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext,AppleHDA_ALC256 and intelbacklight.kext files with Kext wizard (I read in the other 9360 thread it's better to do so), executed your command, restarted, sound still not working.

Am i missing something?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
thank you for you response, i still have a few questions, if i may.

Sound still does not work . Just to be even more clear, i have tried the following things :

i installed in S L E the kexts : cloverHDA.kext and CodecComander.kext using kext wizard (the printscreen on what settings i used are attached ), clicked the repair permissions and rebuild cache tickboxes, executed, then restarted, sound not working.

i installed in S L E the kexts : cloverHDA.kext and CodecComander.kext using kext wizard (the printscreen on what settings i used are attached ), used your command to rebuild the cache (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /), restarted, sound still not working

I installed in S L E ACPI.kext, NRCM*.kext, HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext,AppleHDA_ALC256 and intelbacklight.kext files with Kext wizard (I read in the other 9360 thread it's better to do so), executed your command, restarted, sound still not working.

Am i missing something?

I think so.
We are using CloverHDA, not AppleHDA.
For working sound, you need:
DSDT.aml, SSDT-ALC256.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Layout ID 13 in Clover plist
ALC patched in Clover plist
AppleHDA and CodecCommander kext in SLE.
Cache rebuild and two reboots.
Audio enabled in bios.

I researched the steps you enumerated, i have most of them, except you say to use CloverHDA, not AppleHDA, then say AppleHDA in SLE.

I did check , the appleHDA kext is loaded, so is the codec commander. Can't make the CloverHDA to be loaded.

The only thing i didn't find how to do is ALC patch. I looked around with Clover configurator, no idea where it would be.

I did find other steps , kexts and plist files to use, but i wanted to try things your way, since yours was cleaner, and worked largely seamless.

Never mind. I cleared all the kexts installed, i somehow installed something that shouldn't be in SLE, then re-traced just the 2 kexts that were supposed to be there, restarted, and it worked, it finally loaded the cloverHDA kext.

So never mind me, i'll go ahead and try to apply the rest of the patches.

Motherboard
Asrock Z390-Phantom-Gaming-itx
CPU
I9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
I just get my xps today.
With this guide, I installed succesfully. But I get a problem is that I can just boot from my usb.
And I think that there's problem with EFI.
EFI Mounter won't recognize it(While Clover Configurator recognized).
I installed clover(with clover installer/EFI MODE) to ssd but there won't be any entry on my clover(While boot from usb it works fine).
Don't know what's wrong. I erased the whole ssd with OS X diskutility.

Googled a lot , just didn't get anything.
Could you please help me?

you need a separate script that mounts a small EFI partition, after you mount it, you install Clover to that.

Motherboard
Asrock Z390-Phantom-Gaming-itx
CPU
I9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
you need a separate script that mounts a small EFI partition, after you mount it, you install Clover to that.

Thanks for your respon,
But I've mounted(use Clover Configurator) it and installed Clover already.
It seems that is for the (internal, virtual)
Just like ,Clover run on d0s1 and cannot read that logical volume inside d0s2?
Did you guys get that the same partition to me?(I used OS X installer's Diskutility did erase the whole ssd,tried twice,all the same)
upload_2017-2-23_3-32-23.png