Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, QHD+ screens (mostly) don't suffer from this issue. At least I've never experienced this, on macOS/Linux.

Hi,

I installed High Sierra and I think I got most stuff working but so far I can see two issues:
1. my clover does not automatically select my macos partition and it does not have a countdown
2. my screen resolution is only 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz and the maximum I can do is 2048x1152. But in about a mac my screen is properly recognised as 3200x1800
3. I can't configure the trackbad
4. When I click on PtrScr it deactive the mouse

There is probably other issues as this is my second hackintosh and I am far from being an expert (I had a 9740m so it was pretty easy to set up).

Thanks for the help.

Olivier

Attachments

• error_report_1.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.20.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.20.43.png
    51 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.21.14.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.21.14.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.21.44.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.21.44.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 167
1. my clover does not automatically select my macos partition and it does not have a countdown

SysPrefs->Startup Disk.

2. my screen resolution is only 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz and the maximum I can do is 2048x1152. But in about a mac my screen is properly recognised as 3200x1800

It is as expected.

3. I can't configure the trackbad

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

4. When I click on PtrScr it deactive the mouse

As expected (it is a feature of VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext).
You can remap the keys with ACPI (on my u430, I remap PrtSc to a Fx key and map that to screen shot function in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts).
See my u430 SSDT-HACK.dsl (u430 repo is on my github) for clues.

Thank you Rehabman for your help.

I installed the kext on the main partiton /Library/Extension but I still don't get the trackpad to show in settings.
I also realised that my nvram is not working but I could not find a guide to fix it. I got EmuVariable set-up so not sure what else I need to do.

Got clover to start my mac os natively also, thanks for the help!

Attachments

• debug_11920.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
Thank you Rehabman for your help.

I installed the kext on the main partiton /Library/Extension but I still don't get the trackpad to show in settings.
I also realised that my nvram is not working but I could not find a guide to fix it. I got EmuVariable set-up so not sure what else I need to do.

Got clover to start my mac os natively also, thanks for the help!

You do not have the latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed.
You have 1.8.25.
Current version is 1.8.29.

Thank you Rehab, I updated to latest and now it works!

Now, my only issue is that NVRAM is not working. I installed the RC script and using Emu but it is not working. Any idea what it could be?

Attachments

• debug_20163.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Thank you Rehab, I updated to latest and now it works!

Now, my only issue is that NVRAM is not working. I installed the RC script and using Emu but it is not working. Any idea what it could be?
Just use the search in the thread, the answer is on lastest pages of the thread;)

Sorry, which thread is it? All I see is that we should have native NVRAM with lastest clover (so no need to do anything?)

Sorry, which thread is it? All I see is that we should have native NVRAM with lastest clover (so no need to do anything?)

Later releases of Clover will have a new OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (or it may have a new name).
With that new driver, EmuVariable not needed.
My version of Clover does not have the updated OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
I'm waiting for the dust to settle (some people have issues with the new version) and the driver to be finalized, and also I have many different computers to test with before I update my version of Clover. So far only tested with my u430 and NUC6i7KYK.

But either the new OsxAptioFix should work (without EmuVariable), or you can use EmuVarableUefi-64.efi with the RC scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back