Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is native power management without custom SSDT or HWPEnable normal for Kaby Lake processors + Sierra or is that just a happy accident with this model?

Last edited:
Is native power management without custom SSDT or HWPEnable normal for Kaby Lake processors + Sierra or is that just a happy accident with this model?

Normal with appropriate SMBIOS, "plugin-type" injection, and appropriate patch(es) for locked MSR 0xe2.

@bozma88 Any update on the USB-C to HDMI adapter working with video+audio. I've been trying to do some research and experimenting with different patches, kext, etc., but still can't get audio to work.

Remember that the power hit of a hi-res screen is mainly due to lower backlight permeability caused by higher in-plane transistor density, so lowering the resolution will decrease processor rendering load but not backlight power requirements.

So don't expect to have the same 10/12h of battery life of the FHD version.

I'd wait a few weeks, if the revisions we spotted are correct there will be a i7-7600U in FHD flavour, and that will be really, really great.

Thanks bozma88 . It sounds like a good idea to wait a bit and monitor the market to see whats Dell's next move. I had been in touch with a Dell sales person and he said its a no go , but maybe He is not up-to-date or just trying to sell his current stock. I'll try to be have patience...

@bozma88 Any update on the USB-C to HDMI adapter working with video+audio. I've been trying to do some research and experimenting with different patches, kext, etc., but still can't get audio to work.

Clover
Devices/UseIntelHDMI/true

Clover
Devices/UseIntelHDMI/true
Thanks @azlvda. I'll have to give this a try later today. So can you confirm that you tried this with an USB-C/TB3 to HDMI adapter to a TV and you have audio and video output through HDMI connection? If so which adapter are you using?

Thanks bozma88 . It sounds like a good idea to wait a bit and monitor the market to see whats Dell's next move. I had been in touch with a Dell sales person and he said its a no go , but maybe He is not up-to-date or just trying to sell his current stock. I'll try to be have patience...
When I saw the "leaked" Iris 640 9360s, there were a lot of new entries on the 9360 shop page, and they were very detailed. Pricing was different, offers were different (e.g. Linux with FDH, i7, 512MB), so I think that someone actively spent time to do that data entry.

Wonderful! Thank you @azlvda ! :thumbup:
@bozma88 please note for your guide to allow audio and video to work from USB-C to HDMI adapter.

Thank you guys, will test and then update the guide.

Wonderful! Thank you @azlvda ! :thumbup:
@bozma88 please note for your guide to allow audio and video to work from USB-C to HDMI adapter.

I get immediate KP and reboot with UseIntelHDMI set to true.
Maybe it's not compatible with the audio kext we are currently using (cloverHDA).
If you are using the latest revision of my files, you should get KP too.
Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back