Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way using it with no issues on my Toshiba NVMe.

You're just getting lucky for now. Eventually the Paragon dog will bite you.

@syscl can you explain why your deploy.sh script deletes 2 of my SSDT files after patching? Or I doing something wrong? When I follow rehabman's patching tutorial I get two additional SSDT files. Thanks!

Because they are dynamic SSDT tables. We need to drop them. That's it.

syscl

Syscl,

Would I also be able to just install that kext file using the kext utility app?

It's up to you, but I do not recommend you to use any of the kext utilities. If my memory doesn't get mess, Kext Utility will touch two kernel extensions: msdosfs.kext and another one(related to blacklist) I forgot. You can confirm it in System Report -> Extensions, pay attention to the "Obtained from" column. That's the reason why I deprecated Kext Utility.

BTW, install kext manually is much easier and better, you just type in:
sudo cp -RX
, then drag all kexts you want into terminal, then type in:
/S*/L*/E*
(the final form of the command will be like: sudo cp -RX /User/syscl/FakeSMBIOS.kext /S*/L*/E*), type in enter to finish the copy.
Once you finish the install, type in
sudo kextcache -i /
to rebuild kernel cache. That's it.

syscl

@syscl can you explain why your deploy.sh script deletes 2 of my SSDT files after patching? Or I doing something wrong? When I follow rehabman's patching tutorial I get two additional SSDT files. Thanks!

And to add to what syscl wrote... If you somehow believe my ACPI patching guide implies you should have dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched, you should read the guide more carefully.

So everything seems to be working mostly after reinstall including imessage/facetime. Touchpad is decent with voodoo, had some issues with it as well as the beta smarttouch kext but I am thinking of switching back and tweaking the plist. I was also hoping to be able to tap on the screen two times to launch apps/open folders etc but doesn't seem to work with voodoo at the moment although I am not positive they are related. Also would be nice if two finger scroll worked on touchscreen but I might be asking too much.

Had some slight issue with recovering from sleep after a few hours. Booted back to black screen never came on fully, then held power, and turned back on then it came back after 30 seconds or so to where I left off.

Last edited:
@syscl and others that have the dw1830

Where did you place the 3rd antenna? The 9350 has 2 antennas built into the LCD.

@syscl and others that have the dw1830

Where did you place the 3rd antenna? The 9350 has 2 antennas built into the LCD.
You can buy additionnal on placing it somewhere under the keyboard or just leaving it as it is with only two antenna connected. The WLAN-module is smart enough to discover the number of connected ones.

^ thanks.

That's exactly what I did. I just left the 3rd antenna under the keyboard. I doubt it'll move around much. Wifi works great w/o any patches.

@syscl

1. Your script works great!

2. Just curious though, for some reason with 10.12.3, the dw1560 didn't work despite the usual kext patches etc. I didn't try your script before 10.12.3, so I'm not sure it would've worked before.

3. I have the i5-6300 9350 with a FD screen, not the hi-res touch screen that you have. I see that you're using 0x19260004? It seems to work on mine, but I'm wondering if I should correct it since I have the HD graphics 520

Last edited:
@xrayos Where did you buy the dw1830? It seems that the only place that sells it is eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back