Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the latest deploy.sh, it will give icedman's VoodooPS2(with a little modification by me). Then enjoy your touchpad.

syscl

Syscl,

Would I also be able to just install that kext file using the kext utility app?

best setting for power management
smbios macbook9,1 + pike's ssdtprgen + macbookair6,1 frequencyvectors

best setting for power management
smbios macbook9,1 + pike's ssdtprgen + macbookair6,1 frequencyvectors
Do you know if this is what syscl implements in his script? I know he uses the macbook 9,1 smbios.

Got wifi working again in Win 10. Turned off wireless switch in bios, not sure if that made a difference or not but its working.

The beta smart touchpad driver seems to be working well also. No noticeable issues yet, and two finger scrolling is working

I have faint high pitched tone/noise coming from the left side near the power plug, with or without the power plugged in. It's enough to drive you crazy in a quiet room. Anyone else have this issue?

UPDATE: Looks like a lot of people have had this issue and it sounds as if Dell has not been able to resolve this for quite some time now, as far back as 2013 and not just on our model here. Apparently, this is related to the Intel HD integrated graphic card and the C-states of the skylake processor. Someone made a grub hack for Ubuntu so I'm wondering if something like this could work under the Clover config or a hack somewhere else inside the MacOS since it's also based on UNIX. Itn the link below it gives the summary of what to do with links. Part of the solution is to turn off the C-states in the BIOS and that Also lowering the screen resolution supposedly helps too.
http://marcovirgostuff.eu/blog/inde...-buzzing-noise-dell-xps-13-9350-ubuntu-16-04/

Last edited:
Yes, my LG 1080p IPS HDMI monitor connects and works properly as an external monitor through my 3in1 USB C adapter (USB C to HDMI, USB 3, and another USB C)

@KevinGleave Which model of the 3in1 adapter is that, Dell, Apple or other brand? I bought just a USB-C to HDMI adapter from Amazon (TechOrbits) and it works fine under Windows, but not in Sierra, screen flickers. Anyone else using a USB-C to HDMI or 3in1 adapter that works?

Last edited:
No high pitched noise for me. I do have a strange noise of something moving around in the fan when i tilt the computer up like when I am lying down, but figured its probably just some crud that I was going to clean when I swapped wifi cards

I have faint high pitched tone/noise coming from the left side near the power plug, with or without the power plugged in. It's enough to drive you crazy in a quiet room. Anyone else have this issue?

UPDATE: Looks like a lot of people have had this issue and it sounds as if Dell has not been able to resolve this for quite some time now, as far back as 2013 and not just on our model here. Apparently, this is related to the Intel HD integrated graphic card and the C-states of the skylake processor. Someone made a grub hack for Ubuntu so I'm wondering if something like this could work under the Clover config or a hack somewhere else inside the MacOS since it's also based on UNIX. Itn the link below it gives the summary of what to do with links. Part of the solution is to turn off the C-states in the BIOS and that Also lowering the screen resolution supposedly helps too.
http://marcovirgostuff.eu/blog/inde...-buzzing-noise-dell-xps-13-9350-ubuntu-16-04/

Ok I can confirm that just by turning off C-States in BIOS does get rid of the high pitch noise, in case anyone has it too. This will probably not help with battery power though.

no, i use rehabman clover hotpatch
Wow, you are right. SMBIOS MacBook9,1 +ssdtprgen ssdt + MacBookAir 6,1 frequency vectors via pikeralpha's script has dropped my idle as low as 500mhz. very cool. Looking forward potentially HWP when it gets sorted out.

edit: actually I am suspicious if HWP isn't somehow perm-enabled in this scenario. I'm getting the same results when removing the ssdtprgen ssdt and enabling HWP. Not sure how to check for HWP also, but I do know there is no ssdt cpu PM, so I assume HWP.

Last edited:
Hmm I guess I need to try that out. I was using win for a while and just tried to boot into mac and the partition isn't showing in clover anymore. Booted to usb installer and Mac HD won't mount or do first aid. Clearly something happened to the partition not sure what could have. I can't imagine windows did anything to the part, and it doesn't seem to be the EFI as its fine booting to win and usb installer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back