Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask what version of Clover you advise ? I understand that some versions don't work (I have tested with 3835 without success)...
Also, is there anything to change in your config.plist given tat I have different graphics and CPU ref (I think it is not necessary) ?
Thank you !

Reboot, Shutdown & Power Management seem to be working flawlessly! Sleep takes 20 seconds but that seems normal.
USB-C Video Output works! I'm really surprised, I just plugged in and it worked flawlessly, both with HDMI and DisplayPort adapters!

Somehow the USB-C port doesn't work as a normal port with an OTG adapter, may be a port limit issue...
Remaining issues are hotkeys, graphical glitches, thunderbolt and the SD Card reader...

EDIT: Tested the Port Limit Patch and the port still doesn't work sadly. Using the VoodooPS2Controller KEXT as it's less buggy for me (although multitouch and such don't work at all sadly...)
Hi, the trackpad preference is blank and when I try to drag a file it open it. What should I do ?

May I ask what version of Clover you advise ? I understand that some versions don't work (I have tested with 3835 without success)...
I'm using Clover_v2.3k_r3811, the latest last time I checked, haven't had issues with different versions!

Also, is there anything to change in your config.plist given tat I have different graphics and CPU ref (I think it is not necessary) ?
If you have an Intel CPU and the HD520 it should be fine, do regenerate the power management SSDT though!

Hi, the trackpad preference is blank and when I try to drag a file it open it. What should I do ?
See the note in this thread!

I've updated again!
  • Removed Clover KEXT Injection
  • Removed Boot Arguments
  • Removed Unneeded KernelAndKextPatches
  • Set Timeout To 0 (Press Any Key To Show Menu!)
  • Removed Unneeded NewWay_80000000 Flag
  • Removed XMP Detection, Works Fine
  • Switched To HFSPlus.efi, Faster
  • Removed UseARTFrequency
  • Changed Audio KEXT To cloverHDA.kext

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not sure if this will work for you guys, but on my XPS 13 9343 I figured out how to get the brightness keys working via a DSDT patch. I've posted it here.

(edit just to add this won't work on 10.12, but maybe 10.12.1)

Last edited:
Hi, this is great news! what is the general usage battery life when running mac os on the dell xps?

thanks

your file "config.plist" have a bug.

your "dsdt.aml".My computer can't boot. hold USB . can't enter system .

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2016-10-25 上午10.05.16.png
    屏幕快照 2016-10-25 上午10.05.16.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
what is the general usage battery life when running mac os on the dell xps?
For my configuration (i7 6500u, Full HD):
VLC playing SD quality - 7 hours
Reading - 10-11 hours
Safari + VLC - 5 hours

Last edited:
More updates!
  • Added Notes Section
  • Removed Untested Section
  • Basic Formatting
  • Added USB Port Fix Patch
Now that 10.12.1 is out can I update without problem ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back