Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not fixed. Your profile "Graphics" field still reads only "Intel Iris 540".

Okay, all better now. Sorry I put it in the other info section.

Okay, all better now. Sorry I put it in the other info section.

As for NMVe problem...

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

As for NMVe problem...

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

What a coincidence! I kid you not I just learned that command yesterday while studying for my Linux exam. ;) :cool:

Rehab, I want to thank you again for all your help. I know it's not over yet, but still, thank you!

Last edited:
Anyone else have this laptop but with an i7-6560U, 16gb and 512gb Toshiba NVMe and got it working with 10.12.2?
Works flawlessly on both 10.11.6 and 10.12.2 for exactly the same specs. What is your problem? There is everything needed to run macOS on the laptop here in the thread.

Works flawlessly on both 10.11.6 and 10.12.2 for exactly the same specs. What is your problem? There is everything needed to run macOS on the laptop here in the thread.

My NVMe disk is not showing up in the mac install screen or disk utility.

Did you have to use the NVMe spoof hack?

Can you verify that you have the same exact specs as I do? (Motherboard, RAM, Toshiba NVMe, BIOS, etc.)

And Just to make sure I am doing this correctly.-
  1. I used the command line method to create a bootable macOS Sierra 10.12.2 USB on a real Mac. (I ensured the USB is erased in GPT mode and ven tried a different USB drive and tried using UNiBeast on a separate occasion, in case that mattered)
  2. Downloaded the latest Clover install (v2.3k r3974) to the created USB (using UEFI mode) and then mount the EFI partition and replace the /EFI/CLOVER/ folder with the one attached to this post. (Tried with and without the NVMe Kext spoof hack)
  3. I triple checked I set all the BIOS settings exactly as instructed and made sure the NVMe is formated to GPT, erased the disk and tried installing with and without Windows partitions on the drive (when I try with partitions while Windows is installed I made sure I only have a EFI, Windows, and MacOS partitions)
  4. Boot up the USB
  5. On the Clover boot screen I select the Mac Sierra Install on the USB
  6. Mac Install starts the process (Not sure if this happens to everyone or is normal, but at mid point while the Mac progress bar is filling up the screen, the screen flashes a bunch of, what looks like lines or backslashes)
  7. Mac Install and Utilities screen displays no internal drive.

Last edited:
What a coincidence! I kid you not I just learned that command yesterday while studying for my Linux exam. ;) :cool:

Rehab, I want to thank you again for all your help. I know it's not over yet, but still, thank you! :headbang:

Assuming your SSD is at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX._DSM (check in Windows Device Manager) and you're installing 10.12.2 (eg. booting the installer), everything looks like it should work.

Are all the patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched from your own computer? Keep in mind that you DO NOT need patched ACPI to use the installer. You should probably try without (don't forget to adjust DropOem to false).

But you should remove all version specific directories under EFI/Clover/kexts, leaving only 'Other'. Because right now you're double injecting (kexts under 10.12 and Other will be injected).

You can always install to an external USB and debug NVMe later (but probably the Toshiba drive is just not supported).

Assuming your SSD is at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX._DSM (check in Windows Device Manager) and you're installing 10.12.2 (eg. booting the installer), everything looks like it should work.

Are all the patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched from your own computer? Keep in mind that you DO NOT need patched ACPI to use the installer. You should probably try without (don't forget to adjust DropOem to false).

But you should remove all version specific directories under EFI/Clover/kexts, leaving only 'Other'. Because right now you're double injecting (kexts under 10.12 and Other will be injected).

You can always install to an external USB and debug NVMe later (but probably the Toshiba drive is just not supported).

Yep, definetly _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX._DSM, but I'm wondering if I should try the other methods you have listed for making the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml, such as the longer ACPI identity code examples. But first I'll try your suggestions without those patched files and just keep the Other folder w/kexts.

Those patched files are all from the 1st post of the thread, of the Clover.zip attachment. I will do those other suggestions you mentioned and if all else fails then I'll do the install to a USB drive and report back.

If I need to do the ./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_2, do I need to run that on the actual computer I'm trying to install on or can I do that on my macbook, like I've been doing?

Those patched files are all from the 1st post of the thread, of the Clover.zip attachment. I will do those other suggestions you mentioned and if all else fails then I'll do the install to a USB drive and report back.

Always a bad idea to use patched ACPI files from another computer.
And you don't need patched ACPI to boot the installer anyway.

If I need to do the ./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_2, do I need to run that on the actual computer I'm trying to install on or can I do that on my macbook, like I've been doing?

You can do it on any computer running 10.12.2.

Always a bad idea to use patched ACPI files from another computer.
And you don't need patched ACPI to boot the installer anyway.

You can do it on any computer running 10.12.2.

Oh, Ok. I was just going by what the OP put in the guide about copying all the files in Clover.zip. He may want to update that.
GREAT NEWS! I just tried the install with no patched files in ACPI/patched and changed DropOem to false and it worked! :headbang::D(also put all the kexts in the 'Other' folder like you said.)

THANK YOU AGAIN REHABMAN! :clap::thumbup: YOU ROCK!

So now my next step would be to follow your patching guide on here, to patch my own files, correct?

Last edited:
So now my next step would be to follow your patching guide on here, to patch my own files, correct?

Yes and post #1 here seems to have some relevant information on the patches required for this specific laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back