Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to install it I get a "Selected boot device failed. Press any key to reboot the system". Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? I don't think i'm configuring it right.

Depends on what you're doing.
If attempting to boot the installer from USB, sounds like either a problem with the way you created the USB or a failure to disable secure boot in BIOS.

Depends on what you're doing.
If attempting to boot the installer from USB, sounds like either a problem with the way you created the USB or a failure to disable secure boot in BIOS.

I disabled secure boot. When it shows the USB in my VM it shows Install OSX version and a backup EFI folder. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a step. Any Suggestions?

I disabled secure boot. When it shows the USB in my VM it shows Install OSX version and a backup EFI folder. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a step. Any Suggestions?

The FAQ is very clear regarding VMs:
Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

I've gotten my hands on a macbook.

However when I'm configuring the Efi I am missing "dell64.efi" I only have a "dellx64.efi" and unsure if I am to rename it to the referenced below. Any suggestions?

"a. in EFI\CLOVER\tools rename shell64U.efi to shell64U.efi_old
b. in EFI\CLOVER\tools rename dell64.efi to shell64U.efi
c. boot clover then go to shell -> u must get black command line screen ( if u get yelow one uefi shell comands bellow will not work !!)

Also a word of advice. If your not figuring out how to get the efi boot option to show up, you need to go into f2, after enabling ufei secureboot off and add the boot option. Believe it was the third tabbed menu and it allowed you to pick from PCI ports. That wasn't explained in the initial post, but I found it needed for myself at least.

Also a word of advice. If your not figuring out how to get the efi boot option to show up, you need to go into f2, after enabling ufei secureboot off and add the boot option. Believe it was the third tabbed menu and it allowed you to pick from PCI ports. That wasn't explained in the initial post, but I found it needed for myself at least.

Do you mind posting your Clover config? I'm trying to hackintosh my XPS 9343 with a fresh install of High Sierra. I can get it to boot, but have run into some snags with my hardware support.

So, I have setup my system I will say around 65% only works

What works
1) WiFI
2) Sound
3) Keyboard backlight

What doesn't works
1) Bluetooth
2) Although trackpad works I am not able to get it to work like it works on apple. I can get two fingers scrolls and even three finger swipes to move desktops(I did that by setting up a keyboard short cut command + '[' and command + ']', but four finger swipes don't work, I can't go to the previous page in safari using two finger swipe. Or, is this the best I can get a hackintosh touchpad to work? Also, I occasionally see mouse jumps and safari zooms text while surfing
3) Brightness
4) Sleep works partially, I can get the system to go to sleep by selecting the menu but if I just close the lid then when I try to wake the system I just see a very dimly light screen and then have to reboot
5) Camera
6) iMessage, Siri, iCloud all apple services.
7) USB does not work

I have attached the IORegistry will need help on this please.

System: Dell XPS 13 9343
CPU: i5-5200U/Broadwell-U
Graphics: HD5500, 1920 x 1080 max. currently set to 1600 x 900

Attachments

• XPS 9343 2015.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 271
Last edited:
So, I have setup my system I will say around 65% only works

What works
1) WiFI
2) Sound
3) Keyboard backlight

What doesn't works
1) Bluetooth
2) Although trackpad works I am not able to get it to work like it works on apple. I can get two fingers scrolls and even three finger swipes to move desktops(I did that by setting up a keyboard short cut command + '[' and command + ']', but four finger swipes don't work, I can't go to the previous page in safari using two finger swipe. Or, is this the best I can get a hackintosh touchpad to work? Also, I occasionally see mouse jumps and safari zooms text while surfing
3) Brightness
4) Sleep works partially, I can get the system to go to sleep by selecting the menu but if I just close the lid then when I try to wake the system I just see a very dimly light screen and then have to reboot
5) Camera
6) iMessage, Siri, iCloud all apple services.
7) USB does not work

I have attached the IORegistry will need help on this please.

System: Dell XPS 13 9343
CPU: i5-5200U/Broadwell-U
Graphics: HD5500, 1920 x 1080 max. currently set to 1600 x 900

SMBIOS truncation is obvious from ioreg. You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true.

No BT on the USB bus. See USB guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.232974/

Brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.232976/

CPU PM guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.232994/

ACPI guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

Difficult to make sense of the USB stuff. I noticed that USB 2.0 is not getting detected but USB 3.0 is. Now I did try to prepare the system to recognize the USB ports. Currently my laptop just has one external USB 3.0 port.

Please see the attached screenshots of io registry.

1) The USB 3.0 drive does not appear under XHC but it appears under Apple USB xcci
2) Once the drive appears then it remains there. I don't see the drive appearing and disappearing on io registry as you mentioned the text does not turn green on red indicating that drive is inserted on ejected.

Please let me know what to do now? I also noticed that shift + command + 4 does not creates a screenshot on voodoops2controller

I was able to resolve the iCloud and apple services issue through this method.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Untitled 3.jpeg
    Untitled 3.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 143
I see that all the USB 2.0 ports are disabled under xhci

Attachments

• Untitled4.jpeg
    Untitled4.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 127