Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan, I followed all the steps, indeed I done everything:
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is inside EFI;
- re-patched my DSDT;
- I tried first one Dell DW1560 that didn't work and I swapped for a brand new one that I bought on e-bay.

It looks like the computer isn't recognising the bard, but I thought that XPS 13 9333 don't have a Whitelist.
Could this NGFF specific model of card be incompatible with the Slot? I don't know the differences but I know that my OOTB Intel Dual-band AC-7260 is AE (or EA - I really don't know what is the right way to say) haha

Thanks in advance!!
Try booting linux (live usb is fine) and post the output of lspci -nn. Have you checked in the bios that the wifi is not disabled? (I'll be honest I can't remember if there's a bios setting but it's worth looking through).

Hi @RehabMan, I followed all the steps, indeed I done everything:
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is inside EFI;
- re-patched my DSDT;
- I tried first one Dell DW1560 that didn't work and I swapped for a brand new one that I bought on e-bay.

It looks like the computer isn't recognising the bard, but I thought that XPS 13 9333 don't have a Whitelist.
Could this NGFF specific model of card be incompatible with the Slot? I don't know the differences but I know that my OOTB Intel Dual-band AC-7260 is AE (or EA - I really don't know what is the right way to say) haha

Thanks in advance!!

FakePCIID_Braodcom_WiFi.kext requires FakePCIID.kext.
All kexts should be installed to the system volume.
You should test your hardware on Windows first.

FakePCIID_Braodcom_WiFi.kext requires FakePCIID.kext.
All kexts should be installed to the system volume.
You should test your hardware on Windows first.

Hi RehabMan,

As I mentioned previously, I followed all the steps from this post (OP), this includes FakePCIID.kext.
And I also mentioned that I tested my hardware on Windows, BOTH of my Dell DW1560 cards.
I have two NGFF Dell DW1560 cards.

None of them work on my laptop, looks like it's not turning the card ON!

Try booting linux (live usb is fine) and post the output of lspci -nn. Have you checked in the bios that the wifi is not disabled? (I'll be honest I can't remember if there's a bios setting but it's worth looking through).

Hi vbo,

I'll try this tomorrow, I'm in a business trip and my Dell XPS 9333 isn't with me.

Thanks for all the help you guys are giving me!

And I also mentioned that I tested my hardware on Windows, BOTH of my Dell DW1560 cards.

In the post I quoted, you mentioned nothing of your test results with Windows.

I had to re-seat the DW1560 I got (and screw it down fairly tight) to get it working. Trying removing it and re-inserting it a few times, and see if a live Linux distro picks it so that you can rule out any OS X issues that might be preventing it from working.

Hi All, I successfully managed to install 10.11.6 on my dell xps 13 9333 and got everything working (Even iMessage) ! A big thanks to Rehabman for his great work ! I have a minor issue though, this laptop has a hardware issue and when the backlight is on it makes a bizzare sound which is incredibly irritating. I found a solution on a linux forum that actually works http://xps13-9333.appspot.com/#keyboard_backlight But the problem is that I do not know how to apply this solution under Mac OS X 10.11.6 ! Under Windows I can use Dell QuickSet (A driver provided by Dell) and solve the issue also. Is there a .plist I could alter and modify the illumination to permanently on? The main problem right now is that IF I DO NOT PRESS a key for 60 seconds the keyboard illumination goes off and the noise starts... I want to find a way to permanently modify the keyboard illumination TimeOut to "ALWAYS ON" regardless of key pressing.

Last edited:
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

10.10.1 update - no issue. Reapply OpenCL patch after the update (step 5.9). Everything else works right after updating.

10.10.2 update - HD4400 support is now completely removed from the OS. config.plist on github is updated to inject HD4600 Desktop FakeID to restore QE/CI. Also contains updated '2nd stage boot' patches for .2. Everything else seems to be working fine as in .1.

10.10.3 update - just works, no change required.

10.10.4 update - just works, no change required. Clover trim patch removed from config.plist on github; use trimforce instead)

10.11 update:
  • update clover to latest (3270 or newer). Update drivers too.
  • replace ACPIBackLight.kext with IntelBacklight.kext
  • update FakePCIID* and install FakePCIID_XHCIMux
  • replace brcmPatchRam with brcmPatchRam2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo
  • use updated config.plist
  • re-patch dsdt with updated patches from my repo (to fix usb2 issue after sleep)
View attachment 153785

10.11.1 update - just works, no change required. Update Clover to 3292+ before upgrade to .1

10.11.5 update / 2016 update:
The FakePCIID kexts have been renamed since this post was written. You should use:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

Im running on My XPS 13 9333, with 10.10.5, and I´m still having issues with my headphones. Any advise?

Define "issues"...

Sorry for delay. My laptop never boot up back again.
I was using Yosemite, following all instructions. The third time Installing everything was Ok, but every time a plugged the Dell USB Eth cable, the headphones goes off and If I rebooted, the Sound option grey out. And that happened with the Dell USB 3.0.

But unfortunately, on friday the battery drained while I was using the laptop and when I plugged back to start the computer, the laptop stock on the Apple Logo and never boot up.

I tried with Clover in my Instalation USB, tried disabling injector, but I never could recover the OS again. I used the Disk Utility from the HD recovery, but showed errors con Booting section that couldn´t recover.

Im using Ubuntu again, since I would like to know first what I did wrong.

Sorry for delay. My laptop never boot up back again.
I was using Yosemite, following all instructions. The third time Installing everything was Ok, but every time a plugged the Dell USB Eth cable, the headphones goes off and If I rebooted, the Sound option grey out. And that happened with the Dell USB 3.0.

But unfortunately, on friday the battery drained while I was using the laptop and when I plugged back to start the computer, the laptop stock on the Apple Logo and never boot up.

I tried with Clover in my Instalation USB, tried disabling injector, but I never could recover the OS again. I used the Disk Utility from the HD recovery, but showed errors con Booting section that couldn´t recover.

Im using Ubuntu again, since I would like to know first what I did wrong.

You will probably need fresh install.

Never let a hack sleep for long term without power connected. Because hibernate is disabled, it causes uncontrolled power loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back