Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fully stable on El Capitan, should I upgrade to Sierra?

In case anyone is still reading this old thread.. I updated my rock stable 10.11.6 to 10.12.4 (via the app store update) last night. Everything works fine after following the recommendations in the first post of the readme that RehabMan posted above. I pushed the necessary changes for 10.12.4 to github.

High level update steps:
  1. Implement applebacklightinjector and remove intelbacklight. Note: you need to re-patch your dsdt to do so (since the old dsdt patches include a PNLF patch). After pulling the updated makefile from github, 'make clean; make patch install'
  2. Upgrade kexts (namely VoodooPS2Controller & FakePCIID*)
  3. Upgrade clover (from 32xx in my case to latest). Note: somehow the clover upgrade deleted the HFSPlus.efi driver from my EFI partition.. It was a simple fix but check the contents of Drivers64UEFI/ before rebooting if you're updating from an ancient clover version to save you the trouble.
  4. Pull changes from RehabMan u430/config sample repos (those are pushed to my repo now)
  5. Upgrade
I've only run sierra for a day but it looks just as stable as 10.11.6 was. Sleep/sound/wifi/bluetooth/mini DP out/everything I've tested works fine.

Last edited:
@Dear vbo,

Just successfully installed Yosemite follow your instruction on my XPS 9333 i5. ( still, wifi intel, Broadcom's wifi card is on its way)

Look like they update the config.plist--> not sure if it still works for Yosemite. How can I check?

Rehabman there are a lot of versions. I used the latest will it work with Yosemite?

Hi vbo, thanks for all the great staff you've done.
But do you know how to enable HiDPI for 1600x900 on macOS Sierra? Because the current resolution 1920x1080 makes things too small on XPS 13 9333. Till now I could only enable it for 1280x720 which makes things too big for me so I changed it back to 1920x1080.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 9.43.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 9.43.36 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 162
Thank you!
YES, I've got the HiDPi for some other resolutions now, but unfortunately, after I followed the instructions I still can't get the HiDPi for 1600x900. Besides, whenever I change it to HiDPi resolution the desktop background strangely turn red.
These are my steps:
1.Enable HiDPi in terminal
2.Modify the DisplayProductID file(as follow)
3.Reboot
What should I do now?
Best regards,
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 9.53.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 9.54.20 PM.png

Thank you!
YES, I've got the HiDPi for some other resolutions now, but unfortunately, after I followed the instructions I still can't get the HiDPi for 1600x900. Besides, whenever I change it to HiDPi resolution the desktop background strangely turn red.
These are my steps:
1.Enable HiDPi in terminal
2.Modify the DisplayProductID file(as follow)
3.Reboot
What should I do now?
Best regards,
View attachment 256736 View attachment 256735

You will need to attach your display override plist.

You will need to attach your display override plist.
Here's my DisplayProductID plist.
There's just one thing that all the icon background color including the desktop background turn red(or pink maybe?) as long as I enable HiDPI mode on whatever resolution. Hopefully it'll fix that.
Besides I had used the 'Enable HiDPI' option in Quartz Debug before, though it didn't work on Sierra. Could it be the reason that caused the red background?

Attachments

• DisplayProductID-1345.plist
    652 bytes · Views: 254
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back