Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just received and installed a DW1560 WiFi card, installed the kexts mentioned in the first post but it still isn't detected. Would you mind zipping up the kext versions you have in case they are different please?

I've just received and installed a DW1560 WiFi card, installed the kexts mentioned in the first post but it still isn't detected. Would you mind zipping up the kext versions you have in case they are different please?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello, first of all congratulations you made a very good job with this tutorial. i'm using a hackintosh installed from this tutorial from a while and everything is working fine, except one thing wich i never could make it work, the audio jack, i'm using the audio from the HDMI and it is working fine.

I'm using the MacOS 10.13.5 with the bios 1.6.0, i was getting a error when try to update to the MacOS 10.13.6 but it's not a problem to me.

What i really want is make the audio jack work to use headset with the audio and the mic working, any idea whats the problem in my case?

Hello, first of all congratulations you made a very good job with this tutorial. i'm using a hackintosh installed from this tutorial from a while and everything is working fine, except one thing wich i never could make it work, the audio jack, i'm using the audio from the HDMI and it is working fine.

I'm using the MacOS 10.13.5 with the bios 1.6.0, i was getting a error when try to update to the MacOS 10.13.6 but it's not a problem to me.

What i really want is make the audio jack work to use headset with the audio and the mic working, any idea whats the problem in my case?

I suggest you attach your PR Files.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Last edited:
I already tested modification of CodecCommander.kext, and it can work without ALCPluginFix.

First, remove ALCPluginFix files.
Code:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist
sudo rm /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix
sudo rm /usr/bin/hda-verb
sudo rm /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist

Please reboot after deletion, and check audio jack, it should have output but no sound.

And Here's how to add:
  1. Open CodecCommander.kext/Contents/info.plist
  2. Direct to IOKitPersonalities/CodecCommander/Codec Profile
  3. Add new profile and settings, follow the red box inside below picture.
View attachment 318034

(Oops! Please change Comment from "0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" to "0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x20")

Save, install CodecCommander.kext into /L/E, then reboot.

Hi @missile0407
can you help me with codeccommander??
I've follow your instructions but it's still not work
audio codec is ALC255 (codec id 10ec0255)

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.32.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.32.35.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 194
Hi @missile0407
can you help me with codeccommander??
I've follow your instructions but it's still not work
audio codec is ALC255 (codec id 10ec0255)

Thank you for your help

What, specifically, is not working?

And you must attach PR files...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back