Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the generate tool...I manually added the clover folder, hope it is right now. The problem I faced using your config was a black screen after the boot, if I let it sleep while in the black screen and wake it up again it would go to the desktop normally.

Attachments

• debug_15955 2.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 103
I used the generate tool...I manually added the clover folder, hope it is right now. The problem I faced using your config was a black screen after the boot, if I let it sleep while in the black screen and wake it up again it would go to the desktop normally.
Oh, I forgot to mention, with your config keyboard, trackpad and ethernet are not working either.

Oh, I forgot to mention, with your config keyboard, trackpad and ethernet are not working either.
The reason why these 3 things didn't work by using my EFI, because ur type is 7460.
It looks like only CPU & monitor size difference between 7460 and 7560. But sometimes would be totally difference inside the body.
Maybe my DSDT doesn't fit ur machine. I suggest follow this guide to complete ur installation.

Only you need to notice is that @cagalindo flash modified BIOS to avoid DVMT size issue. You have to use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup inside the CLOVER.

I suggest edit ur profile to fill the laptop model and specs first.
And I guess u just use my EFI, but u didn't install kexts u need after High Sierra installation.

The reason why these 3 things didn't work by using my EFI, because ur type is 7460.
It looks like only CPU & monitor size difference between 7460 and 7560. But sometimes would be totally difference inside the body.
Maybe my DSDT doesn't fit ur machine. I suggest follow this guide to complete ur installation.

Only you need to notice is that @cagalindo flash modified BIOS to avoid DVMT size issue. You have to use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup inside the CLOVER.

I suggest edit ur profile to fill the laptop model and specs first.
And I guess u just use my EFI, but u didn't install kexts u need after High Sierra installation.
Ok, I followed your instruction and tried with cagalindos EFI but the same power management/sleep problem happened. I saw the keyboard/trackpad were not working with his EFI too so I cameback to your EFI and simply installed voodooPS2controller to the L/E folder instead of loading it trough clover, this solved the problem and for some reason the black screen problem also stopped happening, so apparently the 7460/7560 models have the same hardware. Using your config also correct the audio buzz problem I was having by using the ALC256 patch, so now EVERYTHING is working perfectly.
Thank you very much for the help!

Ok, I followed your instruction and tried with cagalindos EFI but the same power management/sleep problem happened. I saw the keyboard/trackpad were not working with his EFI too so I cameback to your EFI and simply installed voodooPS2controller to the L/E folder instead of loading it trough clover, this solved the problem and for some reason the black screen problem also stopped happening, so apparently the 7460/7560 models have the same hardware. Using your config also correct the audio buzz problem I was having by using the ALC256 patch, so now EVERYTHING is working perfectly.
Thank you very much for the help!
So the reason is clear.

Don't forget to install all kexts u need into /L/E, included CLOVER's.

So the reason is clear.

Don't forget to install all kexts u need into /L/E, included CLOVER's.
Yeah, everything is installed at L/E now, but I still have one small problem, my brightness keys are not working (the brightness slider is working) and when I try to use them the system freezes for 2 to 4 seconds. I tried using SMEE patch but it didn't workout.

Attachments

• debug_24570 2.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
Hi.

I've followed all guides and my hack is working very well, but I want to ask you about the trackpad. The system detects my trackpad and it works relatively ok.
But, the scrolling experience is not very good. If I slide my fingers as fast as I did on Windows, the trackpad doesn't detect the movement and the scroll doesn't work.

I've attached my problem report file. Can any of you can help me or is this the way it's supposed to work?

Attachments

• debug_28921.zip
    775.2 KB · Views: 66
Yeah, everything is installed at L/E now, but I still have one small problem, my brightness keys are not working (the brightness slider is working) and when I try to use them the system freezes for 2 to 4 seconds. I tried using SMEE patch but it didn't workout.

You have patches in DSDT.aml that imply you want to patch _OSI references to simulate Linux.
But then you also have _OSI->XOSI in config.plist and SSDT-XOSI.aml that simulates Windows.
What is your intention?

You have patches in DSDT.aml that imply you want to patch _OSI references to simulate Linux.
But then you also have _OSI->XOSI in config.plist and SSDT-XOSI.aml that simulates Windows.
What is your intention?
Sorry, maybe it's my mistake.
But the brightness key works if I simulate to Linux.

For simulate Windows, is that OK to select other version to patch instead of the machine installed?
(Like using Windows 7 as _OSI patch, but the machine is installed Windows 10 originally.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back