Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know how to make trackpad gestures working like on macbook? Ive tried some tricks but unfortunately, none works.

You can enable three finger swipe by going into Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts

It'll look like a weird keyboard shortcut but it'll work.

can u help me with my audio I'm still having problems

Did you start fresh and follow the guide from start > finish? I've used this guide 5+ times and never had an issue.

Are you installing Yosemite or Sierra?

Delete all files in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin, reboot into clover, press F4, follow patching guide again.

Make sure you use the correct version of Mac iASL, as well -- some of the newer ones don't support list ACPI 5.0 in preferences, so find one that does.

If you have Audio issues after that, take a look at patching your DSDT with a native [vanilla, unpatched] AppleHDA.kext.
**edit-----
^^ this ^^ means if you've already done the damage, you're going to have to start with a new, fresh install of the OS - and we've all been there multiple times.
-------------

THIS ****** post might help - I know there's a guide on one of the forums [try them all, there's a ton] but you can find it on your own.

-- All I can say about this method is that I had originally messed up my Yosemite's audio somehow, then installed the Sierra Preview on a separate partition. Once I used this AppleHDA method, my audio was enabled on both partitions.

Last edited:
can u help me with my audio I'm still having problems

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Did you start fresh and follow the guide from start > finish? I've used this guide 5+ times and never had an issue.

Are you installing Yosemite or Sierra?

Delete all files in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin, reboot into clover, press F4, follow patching guide again.

Make sure you use the correct version of Mac iASL, as well -- some of the newer ones don't support list ACPI 5.0 in preferences, so find one that does.

If you have Audio issues after that, take a look at patching your DSDT with a native [vanilla, unpatched] AppleHDA.kext.
**edit-----
^^ this ^^ means if you've already done the damage, you're going to have to start with a new, fresh install of the OS - and we've all been there multiple times.
-------------

THIS ****** post might help - I know there's a guide on one of the forums [try them all, there's a ton] but you can find it on your own.

-- All I can say about this method is that I had originally messed up my Yosemite's audio somehow, then installed the Sierra Preview on a separate partition. Once I used this AppleHDA method, my audio was enabled on both partitions.

Can I use this guide to install Sierra and also Is it mandatory to use ACPI 5.0 or Can I use the newer version ACPI

Can I use this guide to install Sierra and also Is it mandatory to use ACPI 5.0 or Can I use the newer version ACPI

You should probably get El Capitan working correctly first. Sierra will require changes/additions...

You should probably get El Capitan working correctly first. Sierra will require changes/additions...

alright and heres the files

Attachments

• system.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back