Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
FixRegions_10000000 is a bad idea.
Still wrong files in ACPI/patched.
I've got rid of FixRegions_10000000.
Could you please advise what am I getting wrong as i looked into it and now I have those files which you suggested i should have in ACPI\patched in your previous post.
Thanks very much for all the help. I think I am very close to get it perfect but I am missing something.

I've got rid of FixRegions_10000000.
Could you please advise what am I getting wrong as i looked into it and now I have those files which you suggested i should have in ACPI\patched in your previous post.
Thanks very much for all the help. I think I am very close to get it perfect but I am missing something.

You have this in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
ssdt.aml
ssdt-1.aml
ssdt-2.aml

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

You have this in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
ssdt.aml
ssdt-1.aml
ssdt-2.aml

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
I am sorry i have attached the old one. Here is the current one.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
I am sorry i have attached the old one. Here is the current one.

Why did you apply the PNOT patch when the guide specifically recommends against it when all SSDTs are in ACPI/patched?
Also, you used a buggy version of iasl to disassemble your files (use the iasl as recommended in my guide).
Make sure your files in ACPI/patched are based on a current extract into ACPI/origin.

I have repatched everything and disassebled with the recommended iasl and did not apply the PNOT patch.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Why did you apply the PNOT patch when the guide specifically recommends against it when all SSDTs are in ACPI/patched?
Also, you used a buggy version of iasl to disassemble your files (use the iasl as recommended in my guide).
Make sure your files in ACPI/patched are based on a current extract into ACPI/origin.
I have done as you suggested as per my previous post. Just wanted to ask a question when tried to extract the SSDTS "freshly" it is not giving me the SSDT-8.aml file, however i compared the other files like DSDT, SSDT-0, SSDT-1, SSDT-7 with the freshly extracted ones and they appear to be exactly the same size in terms of kilobytes. Hope i have done everything correctly now.
I did not use the fix MUTEX zero synclevel patch as i did not have any problems with my battery status since i use OSX so i presume it is not needed in my case?

I have repatched everything and disassebled with the recommended iasl and did not apply the PNOT patch.

Your files in ACPI/patched are not correct.
SSDT-8 is not present in ACPI/origin, so it should not be present in ACPI/patched.
Keep in mind that any BIOS setting change, BIOS update, or hardware change can change the set of SSDTs that may be extracted.
Your files in ACPI/patched must be in sync with a current extract in ACPI/origin.

I did not use the fix MUTEX zero synclevel patch as i did not have any problems with my battery status since i use OSX so i presume it is not needed in my case?

The only Mutex with non-zero sync level is in WMI related code, which is unlikely to be reached when running macOS/OS X.
I would apply the patch "just in case"...

Your files in ACPI/patched are not correct.
SSDT-8 is not present in ACPI/origin, so it should not be present in ACPI/patched.
Keep in mind that any BIOS setting change, BIOS update, or hardware change can change the set of SSDTs that may be extracted.
Your files in ACPI/patched must be in sync with a current extract in ACPI/origin.

The only Mutex with non-zero sync level is in WMI related code, which is unlikely to be reached when running macOS/OS X.
I would apply the patch "just in case"...
The only change which happened at the extraction process is that i originally extracted the ACPI files within Clover when booting the installer from an USB and when I try it again with the installer it gives me SSDT-8.aml again which is weird

The only change which happened at the extraction process is that i originally extracted the ACPI files within Clover when booting the installer from an USB and when I try it again with the installer it gives me SSDT-8.aml again which is weird

You probably just forgot to delete all files from ACPI/origin before doing the extract with F4.
Clover will not delete files it created in ACPI/origin from previous extracts.
But the file dates and times will reflect, as will the dumplog.txt.

You probably just forgot to delete all files from ACPI/origin before doing the extract with F4.
Clover will not delete files it created in ACPI/origin from previous extracts.
But the file dates and times will reflect, as will the dumplog.txt.
I did delete all the files before dumping again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back