Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALC283 is the same as my Lenovo u430. You can use AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in my u430 repo...

https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

Requirements:
- Clover bootloader
- config.plist must have the four AppleHDA patches from my config.plist in the repo (but not the zml.zlib patch)
- AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla
- CodecCommander.kext installed to /S/L/E: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
- AppleHDA_ALC283.kext installed to /S/L/E
- rebuild cache following the procedure detailed in the u430 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html
- DSDT patches "IRQ Fix" and "Audio Layout 3".
Is there any way the AppleHDA Patcher Tool will work now? I saw your requirements and my AppleHDA.kext is not vanilla as I had previously patched it with the aforementioned tool. Does that mean I now have to reinstall OS X to get vanilla HDA kext?

Is there any way the AppleHDA Patcher Tool will work now? I saw your requirements and my AppleHDA.kext is not vanilla as I had previously patched it with the aforementioned tool. Does that mean I now have to reinstall OS X to get vanilla HDA kext?

Assuming you failed to make a backup of AppleHDA.kext before you overwrote it...

You can run the OS X/macOS installer to refresh all your system kexts including AppleHDA.kext (just don't erase the target partition, and it is a "refresh").

I am attaching the required information.
I hope the issue is solvable.
Just a reminder about the issue :
I have a problem with random mouse freezing, only a restart is solving the problem.
My El Capitan Randomly does this sometimes works for 3 days without restart and sometimes does this after half an hour of usage. Normally when i use heavy apps like XCode or something consuming a lot of resources.
What exactly happens is this when you move the mouse it freezes every 5 seconds for about 0.2-0.5 seconds and then moves.
This is very frustrating especially when you need to click in a place and the mouse just jumps forward because of the lockup issue.
Rehabman could you please shed some light to this case as I already read all the subjects and everything is patched correctly.
With the SSD a restart is only about 15 seconds but it is well annoying when you are working on something important.
I thought it is something down to Dell Inspiron 3537 but i can see that not only I am having this issue. Regards.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • IOreg.zip
    565.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Kextstat-terminal.zip
    1,021 bytes · Views: 80
  • RehabMan.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 72
I am attaching the required information.
I hope the issue is solvable.
Just a reminder about the issue :
I have a problem with random mouse freezing, only a restart is solving the problem.
My El Capitan Randomly does this sometimes works for 3 days without restart and sometimes does this after half an hour of usage. Normally when i use heavy apps like XCode or something consuming a lot of resources.
What exactly happens is this when you move the mouse it freezes every 5 seconds for about 0.2-0.5 seconds and then moves.
This is very frustrating especially when you need to click in a place and the mouse just jumps forward because of the lockup issue.
Rehabman could you please shed some light to this case as I already read all the subjects and everything is patched correctly.
With the SSD a restart is only about 15 seconds but it is well annoying when you are working on something important.
I thought it is something down to Dell Inspiron 3537 but i can see that not only I am having this issue. Regards.

You did not provide all "Problem Reporting" data. The kextcache output is missing.
And ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Attachments

• kextcache.txt.zip
    340 bytes · Views: 80
Oh I am sorry overlooked the kextcache.
Here you go.
I have followed the patching guide and dont really know where I got it wrong could you give some advise??

You don't even have the correct files in ACPI/patched. I didn't look at anything else...
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Oh I am sorry overlooked the kextcache.

Your kexts are not installed correctly.
See guide, post #2: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You don't even have the correct files in ACPI/patched. I didn't look at anything else...
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Your kexts are not installed correctly.
See guide, post #2: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
As per this guide i have only patched
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • 7/8-series USB
  • IRQ Fix
  • SMBUS Fix
  • RTC Fix
  • Shutdown Fix 2
  • HPET Fix
  • OS Check Fix(Windows 7/8 -test with both and choose best for you! )
  • AC Adapter Fix
  • Add MCHC
  • Fix _WAK arg0 2
  • Fix PNOT/PPNT
  • Add IMEI
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAU
  • USB3 _PRW(0x6D)—-to fix instant wake from sleep
in DSDT.dsl
and
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
  • Brightness fix (Haswell/broadwell )
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAU
in SSDT-7.dsl
and patched the SSDT-8.dsl
renamed them accordingly as SSDT-1.aml
and SSDT-2.aml
i know that they are getting loaded as without them i dont have HDMI audio.
Could you please guide me in regards to other SSDT's you mentioned?
When it comes to compiler MacIASL i have only ACPI 6.1 option

I will look into the kext installation and put the kexts that should be in /L/E/ there instead of Clover.

As per this guide i have only patched
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • 7/8-series USB
  • IRQ Fix
  • SMBUS Fix
  • RTC Fix
  • Shutdown Fix 2
  • HPET Fix
  • OS Check Fix(Windows 7/8 -test with both and choose best for you! )
  • AC Adapter Fix
  • Add MCHC
  • Fix _WAK arg0 2
  • Fix PNOT/PPNT
  • Add IMEI
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAU
  • USB3 _PRW(0x6D)—-to fix instant wake from sleep
in DSDT.dsl
and
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
  • Brightness fix (Haswell/broadwell )
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAU
in SSDT-7.dsl
and patched the SSDT-8.dsl
renamed them accordingly as SSDT-1.aml
and SSDT-2.aml
i know that they are getting loaded as without them i dont have HDMI audio.
Could you please guide me in regards to other SSDT's you mentioned?
When it comes to compiler MacIASL i have only ACPI 6.1 option

I will look into the kext installation and put the kexts that should be in /L/E/ there instead of Clover.

This guide does not have correct instructions for patching ACPI.

This guide does not have correct instructions for patching ACPI.
I have redid everything according to the guide and the problem still persists it is intermitent i thought that fix regions from clover will help as i thought it is somekind of memory leak but its not. I am attaching all the data of problem reporting

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • ioregistry.zip
    531.9 KB · Views: 84
  • kexstat_output.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 92
  • kextrebuild.rtf.zip
    697 bytes · Views: 67
  • RehabMan.zip
    31 KB · Views: 77
I have redid everything according to the guide and the problem still persists it is intermitent i thought that fix regions from clover will help as i thought it is somekind of memory leak but its not. I am attaching all the data of problem reporting

FixRegions_10000000 is a bad idea.
Still wrong files in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back