Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
​This is short guide, without unnecessary repeating well known installation procedures. For those who find this hard to follow, I suggest “Google” around like I was, before returning to this, because for those familiar with this, it will be a piece of cake!

I put some effort to put this together, within my abilities and knowledge, but there are some unresolved issues, for which I hope to find help here, especially from more experienced guys who run this project.

I am great enthusiasts and supporter of Linux, which is, as you all well know OPEN SOURCE. This means that knowledge is meant to be shared and to be available to all, which I belive applies to the Hackintosh project also. So, this is my contribution :

My configuration:

• 17.3" Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare
  • 3rd Generation Intel® CoreTM i7-3630QM 2.4 Ghz (6MB cache, up to 3.4 Ghz)
  • 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
  • 256GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series ( Windows 7 + Ubuntu - MBR)
  • 1TB 5400RPM SATA HDD ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB ( Mac OS X RecoveryHD + Data - GUID)
  • 128GB mSATA SSD KINGSTON SMS200S3120G ( Mac OS X Mavericks HD - GUID, BIOS set to AHCI and can’t boot mSATA directly, use boot loader on RecoveryHD or Windows EasyBCD)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB (completely disabled by DSDT injection)
  • Intel HD 4000 ( does not need an EFI string after installation enabled by DSDT injection)
  • Intel WiFi/BT ( replaced with Atheros 9285 + IoGear USB BT )

Instalation :

1. UniBeast method - Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1

a) Use HDMI connected display for installation

or

b) Add this EFI key to org.chameleon.Boot.plist in Extra folder of USB stick, so you can use built-in display for installation

<key>device-properties</key> <string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000004006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

Post-Instalation :

1. MultiBeast method - Preselected options file attached ( Exclude TRIM Patch if you don’t use SSD )

2. Neccessary tools for post-installation attached.

3. Extra folder with files attached ( Create your own smbios.plist with Chameleon Wizard - MacBookPro8,3 17-inch, Early 2011 This is important! )

4. S/L/E folder with kexts attached ( Use Kext Wizard to install kexts, repair permissions and reboot! That`s all folks!)

5. Crate Apple ID,activate and authorize computer with iTunes, but remember that you need valid credit card or you will not be able to use iMessages or FaceTime ! Ethernet must be en0 !

If you don`t have other WiFi card use HoRNDIS-rel4.pkg for Android USB tethering or just BT tethering !

Unresolved Issues :

- Touchpad ( Working but only basic input, no gestures like 2 finger scrolling )
- Audio ( Working but subwoofer and HDMI audio not working, Line-In not tested)
- FN keys ( Brightness and WiFi control not working, audio working )

- Lan ( only with 10baseT/UTP half duplex )
- Sleep ( First sleep OK, after that touchpad not working, sleep not working, wrong readings TZ1 and TZ2 )
- DSDT ( Operational, but obviously need fine tweaking to resolve issues and enable all features possible. I don’t use SSDT, speedsteping with turbo boost )
- Card Reader ( Recognized as connected to Built-In USB/Hub, USB2.0-CRW, Product ID:0x0129 Vendor ID:0x0bda (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.) not working )
- Built-In Screen ( Not reaching full brightness unless you have hot corner activated to put it to sleep and activate again, after that all normal )
- Fan RPM ( not detected or stuck to 255 rpm )

Conclusion :

This is best I could do at this moment. It is functional Hackintosh, but with issues. If you want real thing you know where Apple.com is. This machine deserves attention of this community, not only because of its performance and compatibility but also ability for improvements with right people included. I invite all people with good will and some knowledge to help.

These were my start points and I like to thank Lejenk for his efforts to put his guide together and help many of us. I hope mine will be helpful too.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286552-guidedell-inspirion-17r-se-7720-installation-guide/

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/512-dell-inspiron-17r-se-7720-dsdt-kexts/

Best regards from Serbia!
:D

Attachements :
View attachment Extra.zip View attachment SLE .zip View attachment Tools.zip

Thanks for making this guide. I just picked one of this up cheap on craigslist, and it is a fantastic machine for the money. If Apple were still making 17-inch MacBook Pros, their verison of this would be about $2500 for the same specs, I imagine. Grabbed mine for $400. The dual hard drives make it an ideal candidate for installing OS X. Even the "weaker" of its two graphics cards, the hd 4000, to me is sufficient for everything I do on a Mac.

Going to try installing in the next few days and get back to you. Hopefully, we can try to resolve some of the post-installation issues.

Long live hackintosh!

Thanks for Guide!

I have problem with disabled nVidia Card by DSDT injecotion.
Could you explain how I can do that, step by step?

Thanks for Guide!

I have problem with disabled nVidia Card by DSDT injecotion.
Could you explain how I can do that, step by step?

You can see it in the DSDT.aml. _INI calling PINI, which, in turn, calls some other things to disable nvidia.

You will want to tweak this guide as several key things are missing (power management). And things seem to be done the difficult way... (eg. device-properties instead of bootflags for HD4000). On top of that, some things are just wrong (MacBookPro8,x instead of MacBookPro9,x, for example).

Of course, you should not use a DSDT from another computer. Intead patch your own... If you post your native DSDT/SSDTs, I'll take a look...

You can see it in the DSDT.aml. _INI calling PINI, which, in turn, calls some other things to disable nvidia.

You will want to tweak this guide as several key things are missing (power management). And things seem to be done the difficult way... (eg. device-properties instead of bootflags for HD4000). On top of that, some things are just wrong (MacBookPro8,x instead of MacBookPro9,x, for example).

Of course, you should not use a DSDT from another computer. Intead patch your own... If you post your native DSDT/SSDTs, I'll take a look...

I appreciate your help.
This is my file DSDT.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    45.4 KB · Views: 291
I appreciate your help.
This is my file DSDT.aml

Not adequate/correct. DSDT you posted is patched.

Need all native DSDT/SSDTs from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic

hello!

do someone have News about the customisation maverick for the dell inspiron 17r se

thx

hello!

do someone have News about the customisation maverick for the dell inspiron 17r se

thx

What "news" are you seeking?

news about unresolved issus or something else!?

no wlan is not so good :(
graphic is .... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back