Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone upload a video explaining the hole process?

I have an i7577 which is pretty similar hardware.

I first tried to follow another thread specifically for i7677 before that thread got closed, and I got to a point where my PM was definitely incorrect. I did edit the DSDT.dsl to turn off the Nvidia card, but i could not get the PM to ever drop below 2.4Ghz.

But when I then switched over to using the SSDT.aml from this thread, the PM worked great and my audio worked, but I got a kernel panic when i shutdown. In debugging this, I figured I had originally moved a number of kexts into /S/L/E instead of /L/E. So I slowly moved things from /S/L/E into /L/E, and perhaps upreved a couple of Kexts in the process.

But once I did that, audio stopped working, and I still have the KP on shutdown/reboot.

I'm a little confused with the order of kexts. I seem to recall if I had the same named kexts in the /S/L/E and /L/E, that it would build with the /S/L/E version when I did the touch /S/L/E && kextcache -u /. I only recently noticed that i probably should be using kextcache -i too.

is it bad to run kextcache -u / instead of kextcache -i?

Where does the /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other sit relative to the priority ordering of the other 2 areas? Should I just iterate through all my kext names and try to download the latest ones? I think I tried to download one of them once, and was fighting some KP's on boot for a while before i reverted back.

Also, since I'm not really familiar with what are all the patches in the OP's SSDT.aml and whether every portion of it applies to my HW, I really would have liked to generate my own. But when I ran the ssdtprgen, i just couldnt get the same type of performance that this current AML is giving me as perceived from looking at Intel Power Gadget.
So how does your device work right now? I have a 7577 too and my fan is running pretty loud. I dont know what's wrong with it.

can any one help me i have problem on dell7567
i have followed all the the instcuctions, but i have this error no er state object recover 4214 rolling is not happening nothing to recover whenver usb is detected

How did you manage to make the external microphone work?

Sorry for the delay. If you search for Github Combojack, you can use that to make external mic work. The latest version works with CodecCommander. Just have to make sure when you run the ./install.sh, apply CodecCommander back to /L/E since that script still removes it from that location and make sure you don't apply the VerbStub.kext. Lastly you can remove the SSDT-ALC256.aml from ACPI/patched when using this method.

I tried installing high sierra 10.13.6 on my dell 7567(i5 version). I used my 1tb wd hdd to install the os. Formatted with macos(journaled), upon starting install it reboots automatically after a while and shows me macos can't be installed. I'm attaching clover config and a screen for reference. Looking forward.

photo_2019-08-05_23-56-42.jpgphoto_2019-08-05_23-57-24.jpg

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
@RehabMan can you please help
drivers64UEFI folder
you have 2 apfs loaders, only use 1

you also have Aptiomemoryfix, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64
use only 1

make sure your FakeSMC kext is up to date

remove FakePCI* kexts

add lilu and whatevergreen kexts

drivers64UEFI folder you have 2 apfs loaders, only use 1 you also have Aptiomemoryfix, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64 use only 1 make sure your FakeSMC kext is up to date remove FakePCI* kexts add lilu and whatevergreen kexts
I did the changes you suggested but still couldn't make it, can you please have a look? Attaching new clover files and the available boot options

photo_2019-08-07_20-43-22.jpg

photo_2019-08-07_20-43-26.jpg

photo_2019-08-07_20-43-30.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 145
I did the changes you suggested but still couldn't make it, can you please have a look? Attaching new clover files and the available boot options

View attachment 420770

View attachment 420771

View attachment 420772
pictures are a bit pointless, not sure why you uploaded those for?

you still have apfs.efi and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi

try updating your config.plist from the laptop guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back