Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell model have a same configuration and I realized that when you turn on the notebook, the first thing you should do is put the system for a minute sleep and then wake up again. Your notebook has work without problems. Do this test.
Thanks for reply

Unfortunately not work.

Did you implement native power management and patch ACPI correctly?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
Thanks for reply.
I did pretty much like in this guide.

All working except wake from sleep.

I did pretty much like in this guide.

Did you disable hibernation?

Let's see...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
pmset -g

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Did you disable hibernation?

Let's see...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
pmset -g

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

yes I did.

really appreciated.

Attachments

• all files.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 98
yes I did.

really appreciated.

comments:
- using the minStolenSize patch may cause problems
- config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true
- it is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without the SSDT that implements the XOSI method
- use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi if possible
- backlight control is not implemented correctly (missing IntelBacklight.kext)
- you forgot to provide the output of 'pmset -g'

comments:
- using the minStolenSize patch may cause problems
- config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true
- it is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without the SSDT that implements the XOSI method
- use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi if possible
- backlight control is not implemented correctly (missing IntelBacklight.kext)
- you forgot to provide the output of 'pmset -g'

okay I will try to solve it,
sorry about that.

I do have IntelBacklight.kext & I can change the brightness though

UPDATE

not solve yet.

Attachments

• pmset-g.zip
    1,001 bytes · Views: 73
Last edited:
i've reinstalled el capitan and after wake up the screen glitch made it unusable. What i can try to solve it?
The screen glitches I'll solve with this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/

Use my config.plist (attached) for you to use as a base. My ethernet work normally too.

I've tried with your config.plist but problems are not solved! now, right after wake up, screen glitch made pc unusable. I can solve only rebooting OSx (always el capitan)
I've updated bios to 1.2 version, i have to downgrade to 1.1.8?

Last edited:
It doesn't detect my hdd in installation process. It detects only Installation USB. (Sierra)
HELP!

Last edited:
No I have windows 10 on this SSD so I took it out of the laptop. I'm trying to install sierra on original 1TB hdd that came with laptop.

EDIT: only Kext I used is the one that OP mentions on beging for keyboard and touchpad.

Original HDD is also SATA. Still requires SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext. Read the guide carefully.

Note: You should fix your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back