Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the f12 boot menu NOT the bios setup. And, disabling it then reenabling it worked for me. Thanks johnnnnnnnnnny!!
Nice. Now it works for me both ways too. I gues you have to switch it at least once to initialize something in factory BIOS.

Reactions: meb
I need FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext in order to boot into HDD
If I have those 2 kext there then I can't boot the installer. If they aren't there the installer runs fine. Is there any way how to make the USB installer to boot in both situations?

I need FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext in order to boot into HDD
If I have those 2 kext there then I can't boot the installer. If they aren't there the installer runs fine. Is there any way how to make the USB installer to boot in both situations?

It is not uncommon to need a different Clover setup for installer vs. final system as installed.

I followed the instructions on dual boot on the same hdd but upon installing the el capitan on hFS + partition the installer indicates the disk cannot be use to startup the machine ...what's the workaround? I used mediafour macdrive to partition the unallocation space to gpt then fornat the disk to hfs+ then enable journaling at the disc utility

I followed the instructions on dual boot on the same hdd but upon installing the el capitan on hFS + partition the installer indicates the disk cannot be use to startup the machine ...what's the workaround? I used mediafour macdrive to partition the unallocation space to gpt then fornat the disk to hfs+ then enable journaling at the disc utility

Initial partitioning should be done in OS X Disk Utility. Create a place holder partition for Windows as HFS+J. In the Windows installer, delete it, and let it create a new partition for installing Windows. Delete the MSR partition later if it was created by the Windows installer.

It is in post #2 of the main guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have dropped the dual boot part of this guide as i was having trouble with Windows and OS X on the same drive (read updated guide). You can install Windows on another drive without problems but it's risky on the same drive.

You can still remove those kexts from the installer USB. if you boot OS X (not the installer itself) from your installer USB, the kexts in S/L/E will be loaded so no need to have them on the installer USB as the installer does not need them.

I have dropped the dual boot part of this guide as i was having trouble with Windows and OS X on the same drive (read updated guide). You can install Windows on another drive without problems but it's risky on the same drive.

I managed to do the Dual boot on one drive. It seems to be correct. I can boot both systems without USB. Maybe I can make a guide later. (I erased the disk and then made 2 partitions HFS+, installed El capitan on 1.st partition, then installed Windows on the second partition by deleting the 2.nd partition and reformating to NTFS, booted from USB, use multibeast, correct EFI folder on SSD and add a BIOS entry to boot from this EFI partition)
NOTE: You need to have only one disk inserted in laptop so that partitioning will create EFI folder on this one and not the second one.

I'm having troubles patching DSDT.dsl though. Can't get rid of some syntax errors. Do you think that this happens due to bad DSDT.dsl extraction or I have to fix it later on with MaciASL? This error makes no sense to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 12.37.58.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 12.37.58.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I managed to do the Dual boot on one drive. It seems to be correct. I can boot both systems without USB. Maybe I can make a guide later. (I erased the disk and then made 2 partitions HFS+, installed El capitan on 1.st partition, then installed Windows on the second partition by deleting the 2.nd partition and reformating to NTFS, booted from USB, use multibeast, correct EFI folder on SSD and add a BIOS entry to boot from this EFI partition)
NOTE: You need to have only one disk inserted in laptop so that partitioning will create EFI folder on this one and not the second one.

I'm having troubles patching DSDT.dsl though. Can't get rid of some syntax errors. Do you think that this happens due to bad DSDT.dsl extraction or I have to fix it later on with MaciASL? This error makes no sense to me.

easy peasy. I don't have this laptop, bit I know for sure, dual boot issue cannot be laptop specific. Just follow @RehabMan's guide to dual/tripe/quad boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back