Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bashirov.artur, I also own a i5-6300HQ Inspiron 7559. You seems to be first one in the world who successfully hacked dell inspiron 7559 i5. I have a few questions about your installation.
1. you mentioned that 'clover won't boot with AC plugged, and USB plugged'. how do you boot into the installer without usb plugged?
2.what bios and clover version are you on right now?

Thank you for your assistance.
Hi! Like been said in tutorial, you should plug Installation USB right after you press power button. When i installed Clover on my ssd, everytime i have to unplug everything(AC, mouse, etc) and it boots from ssd.
My Bios is 1.1.5, Clover 3696. I manage to boot and avoid stuck on osxaptiofixdrv error with these drivers FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi, VBoxHfs-64.efi

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530)

Enjoy!

Hi, Just want to know if I will be able to get just the Wifi working on OSX with the Intel chip? or will nothing work until I replace with it with the BCM94352Z chip?

Also I'm planning on buying the i5/8GB model. This shouldn't be an issue to follow your guide right? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Just want to know if I will be able to get just the Wifi working on OSX with the Intel chip? or will nothing work until I replace with it with the BCM94352Z chip?

Also I'm planning on buying the i5/8GB model. This shouldn't be an issue to follow your guide right? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
The Intel chip won't work, use the chip suggested by RehabMan (BCM94352Z)

The Intel chip won't work, use the chip suggested by RehabMan (BCM94352Z)

Thanks guys! I'll buy the replacement card as well then :)

Also I've read about QHD(4k) screen compatibility. Does the 7559 BIOS have the option to set the DVMT-prealloc? and also is it very complicated to get the 4k screen working compared to the HD one?

My laptop is ASUS X555UA and it has the same codec with you: ALC256. Can i use your appleHDA.kext to my laptop?

I found that my touchpad working not properly with ELAN drivers. When i use latest version, i have fully functional touchpad with 5 fingers and all features. But brightness keys are not working. Sound keys work well. When i use version from this thread i have fully working keys (sound+brightness) but touchpad doesn't support multitouch.

I tried to transfer my previously patched acpi to my newly installed ssd efi / clover/acpi/patched. During bootup i got an error what's cause this error the previously patched acpi is from the same laptop dell 7559 uhd..i kept the patched files for future use please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back