Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 14 7460 Install 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again:
And as per guide, USBInjectAll.kext may help.
Also, your config.plist is not from my current guide plists.
USBInjectAll.kext did work and I could see the installer. However, Disk Utility of the installer doesn't show me my HDD. I ran lspci -nn from my Ubuntu install after that and it told me that the SATA controller was 8086:9d03. So, I added the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
However, that did not work as well. My BIOS settings have been done as selected, with the AHCI option selected. Also, if you feel like referring, my Clover folder stays the same as in the earlier post (except for the addition of USBInkectAll and sat-100-series-unsupported kexts).
Can you please help me out here man? I would be grateful

USBInjectAll.kext did work and I could see the installer. However, Disk Utility of the installer doesn't show me my HDD. I ran lspci -nn from my Ubuntu install after that and it told me that the SATA controller was 8086:9d03. So, I added the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
However, that did not work as well. My BIOS settings have been done as selected, with the AHCI option selected. Also, if you feel like referring, my Clover folder stays the same as in the earlier post (except for the addition of USBInkectAll and sat-100-series-unsupported kexts).
Can you please help me out here man? I would be grateful

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It has happened to me while trying to install the OS in the HD. I found out the disk/partition must be fat formatted.

I had a successful installation by setting DropOem to false.

Following this guide almost completely, I was able to get a hackintosh working but there were a few caveats :
1. The installer would not see my hard disks and to get that enabled, I had to uncheck DropOEMSSDTs in Clover.
2. My audio controls work normally, as does bluetooth and USB WiFi.
3. The only issue I have is that because I haven't dropped the OEM SSDTs in Clover, my brightness hotkeys show abrupt changes in brightness and even cause freezing.
4. I can see brightness slider in SysPref>Displays and it works perfectly.

So, I would be grateful if I could get some help over here. Also, what files should I attack to help in troubleshooting?

Following this guide almost completely, I was able to get a hackintosh working but there were a few caveats :
1. The installer would not see my hard disks and to get that enabled, I had to uncheck DropOEMSSDTs in Clover.
2. My audio controls work normally, as does bluetooth and USB WiFi.
3. The only issue I have is that because I haven't dropped the OEM SSDTs in Clover, my brightness hotkeys show abrupt changes in brightness and even cause freezing.
4. I can see brightness slider in SysPref>Displays and it works perfectly.

So, I would be grateful if I could get some help over here. Also, what files should I attack to help in troubleshooting?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Im trying to install High Sierra in a Dell inspiron 7460, but I'm stuck in a screen with the Apple logo after choosing boot from OSX on clover. This issue could be related to BIOS configuration?

Im trying to install High Sierra in a Dell inspiron 7460, but I'm stuck in a screen with the Apple logo after choosing boot from OSX on clover. This issue could be related to BIOS configuration?
I've already Tried to follow the suggestion in the other thread selecting USB ownership and USB injection in Clover options and it didn't work.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hackintosh-stuck-at-apple-logo-loading-screen-sierra.220517/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back