Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I have figured out how to apply the patches. I cant compile though. 200+ errors before even applying the patches. a huge amount of errors saying certain variables don't exist. I know the guide says to just delete these lines but is taht really ok? I want to make sure before I edit DSDT.dsl

thanks

OK, so I have figured out how to apply the patches. I cant compile though. 200+ errors before even applying the patches. a huge amount of errors saying certain variables don't exist. I know the guide says to just delete these lines but is taht really ok? I want to make sure before I edit DSDT.dsl

thanks

Nothing attached.
No details.
No idea.

Yes ! Finally succeeded ! Used the instructions on the page and manually fixed the DSDT.dsl file
Thank you @krosseyed @RehabMan for the original instructions there

Played a 1 hr mp4 clip - estimated the battery life to be approx 5+ hours from that :)
Its a massive change

That is good to hear, I am getting about the same battery life (~8 hours)

Haven't figured out how to apply the BRT6 fix, but am using karabiner-elements to get around that
so no problems.

You will want to uninstall K-E as it does weird things to the FN keys and is very cumbersome. Here is the DSDT edit to get functional brightness keys without K-E

Code:
into method label BRT6 replace_content
begin
    If (LEqual (Arg0, One))\n
    {\n
// Brightness Up\n
        Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
    }\n
    If (And (Arg0, 0x02))\n
    {\n
// Brightness Down\n
        Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
    }\n
end;

thanks

Are they warnings (yellow triangle), or errors (red circle)? Errors will prevent you from compiling, while warnings wont. Post your current "Problem Reporting" files so we know what is going on with your DSDT compilation.

Anyone tried upgrading to High Sierra on this laptop (or similar laptop)?

Anyone tried upgrading to High Sierra on this laptop (or similar laptop)?

I will be updating this guide to High Sierra once I get a few bugs worked out of Sierra. I don't want to introduce bugs from 10.12 into 10.13.

Hi, Mine is also 5378 but with 7200u. My computer always told me APCI manager warning. So I can't install the osx. Could you please help me?

So I created an install key by following these instructions exactly:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.200564/#create_unibeast

When I choose Boot to Mac form USB from the Clover menu The apple logo pops up and the loading bar stays on the very first step.

I have tried 2 separate 32 gb usbs (one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0)

Unibeast seems not to work or something. I have followed all the preliminary steps EXCEPT I have not switched out the wifi card yet. Could that have something to do with it?

Thanks for all the help

- EDIT -

NEVERMIND - I didnt realise the EFI partition popped up after the install USB finished creating. Once I unmount it I cannot figure out how to remount it but I copied over the files before unmounting and it worked! Currently installing now, will let you know how it goes.

I'm running into the same problem, I get the Apple logo and the the first pixel of the status bar, and then everything just hangs. I'm a little unclear on what you did to fix this. Can you explain more?

BTW, to mount the EFI partition on any drive, you can use EFI Mounter:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

Update: figured it out.

Last edited:
I'm have two problems. The main one is that at the beginning of the install, the progress bar gets most of the way through, then I get a circle with a line though it. I'm using the clover folder from Dell_Inspiron_13_7358.zip from the OP.

The other problem I'm having is that I can't boot into the EFI Shell that's included in the Dell_Inspiron_13_7358.zip file. I'm not sure if I'm getting the-circle-with-a-line-though-it because I haven't run the commands from the EFI Shell or if that's unrelated. When I boot up my laptop, I don't get the option to boot to the EFI Shell from the bios boot menu or in Clover (though clover does have an option for something called a UEFI Shel, but it seems like that's not the shell I'm looking for).

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back