Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no difference. I clearly don't understand what these are changing so I'm going to try studying instead of back and forth. I added the patched config.plist and the backlight kext. It's not enabled the hdmi port but showing the laptop panel. Since I've experimented with the the config a bit with no change I'm going to try to understand this a bit more. Guides are fine given the right background but I'm just string to learn this so clearly I don't have it yet.

I'm debugging what I don't know is being effected. I think I'll go learn uefi maybe to figure this out.

Cool, will do. I’ll give this a look.

Still no difference. I clearly don't understand what these are changing so I'm going to try studying instead of back and forth. I added the patched config.plist and the backlight kext. It's not enabled the hdmi port but showing the laptop panel. Since I've experimented with the the config a bit with no change I'm going to try to understand this a bit more. Guides are fine given the right background but I'm just string to learn this so clearly I don't have it yet.

I'm debugging what I don't know is being effected. I think I'll go learn uefi maybe to figure this out.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, must provide detailed description of the problem.

Made some progress. I have both screens working by comparing a whole lot of configlists from this post and what was working. read the guides so many times I gave myself headaches. But I have progress. The only real issue I have is audio. I generated the debug files with a patched clover and enabler kext as I prefer this method over others. Using a simple usb audio device for the moment but I wouldn't mind getting native to work.

I do not have working brightness keys but could care less since the pref panel works. If this is fixable easily I'll do it but not a concern.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, must provide detailed description of the problem.

Attachments

• debug_600.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
Got the brightness keys working.

Made some progress. I have both screens working by comparing a whole lot of configlists from this post and what was working. read the guides so many times I gave myself headaches. But I have progress. The only real issue I have is audio. I generated the debug files with a patched clover and enabler kext as I prefer this method over others. Using a simple usb audio device for the moment but I wouldn't mind getting native to work.

I do not have working brightness keys but could care less since the pref panel works. If this is fixable easily I'll do it but not a concern.

Last edited:

You didn't patch BRT6.
See brightness key part of guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Look slike brightness keys work by assign the keys correctly in the keyboard panel.

But then you're not using the actual brightness keys (eg. not the same keys as used in Windows).
Your choice really.

Only issue I have now is audio looks like it's not patching correctly with clover and the enabler kext.

Make sure your aDummyHDA.kext uses layout-id=2 (because that's what ioreg shows you're injecting).

This is starting to make more and more sense to me. I looked up the rename HDAS to HDEF IO id:

+-o HDEF@1F,3 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000234, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (459 ms), retain 10>

This seems the ID of the ALC225 (I think if I'm following this correctly.) I used the HDAPatcher to create the patches for config.list and the aDummy kext. I'm still not getting the audio listed. This still seems dooable.

I haven't changed anything since last dump, anywhere I can look to debug? It is slowly making sense now.

But then you're not using the actual brightness keys (eg. not the same keys as used in Windows).
Your choice really.

Make sure your aDummyHDA.kext uses layout-id=2 (because that's what ioreg shows you're injecting).

This is starting to make more and more sense to me. I looked up the rename HDAS to HDEF IO id:

+-o HDEF@1F,3 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000234, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (459 ms), retain 10>

This seems the ID of the ALC225 (I think if I'm following this correctly.) I used the HDAPatcher to create the patches for config.list and the aDummy kext. I'm still not getting the audio listed. This still seems dooable.

I haven't changed anything since last dump, anywhere I can look to debug? It is slowly making sense now.

Did you check to see which layout-id aDummyHDA.kext is expecting?

It says the kext is expecting layout id 2. Not sure what the patch tool picked up for the config list IO side. I was looking at that to find the right IO address as I’m suspecting it’s wrong.

Did you check to see which layout-id aDummyHDA.kext is expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back