Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I bought one of these inspiron's off eBay as it was going cheap with a faulty touchscreen and webcam. Once I got it and plugged the touchscreen back in I realised that the touchscreen and webcam work, but the touchscreen has a mind of its own with multiple ghost touches making the laptop unusable with it on and had to unplug it again.

I managed to get macOS 10.13.2 running well with everything working but was wondering if I could disable the touchscreen from my DSDT or an attached SSDT because the webcam is tied into the same lead and it would be nice to have it working. I believe the touchscreen runs from USB on HS07. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi.

I bought one of these inspiron's off eBay as it was going cheap with a faulty touchscreen and webcam. Once I got it and plugged the touchscreen back in I realised that the touchscreen and webcam work, but the touchscreen has a mind of its own with multiple ghost touches making the laptop unusable with it on and had to unplug it again.

I managed to get macOS 10.13.2 running well with everything working but was wondering if I could disable the touchscreen from my DSDT or an attached SSDT because the webcam is tied into the same lead and it would be nice to have it working. I believe the touchscreen runs from USB on HS07. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

See USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

i am facing the problem before installing the OS ,when i choose " Boot OS X from Install macOS High Sierra " from the Clover Bootloader, it will load the apple logo but after few second it will loop back to the dell logo and keep repeat the same thing.how can i solve this problem? (Dell Inspiron 13 5378)

i am facing the problem before installing the OS ,when i choose " Boot OS X from Install macOS High Sierra " from the Clover Bootloader, it will load the apple logo but after few second it will loop back to the dell logo and keep repeat the same thing.how can i solve this problem?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thanks for reply, i am following the Guide. i have created the bootable USB and also can boot into the clover bootloader as well. but when i select the " Boot OS X from Install macOS High Sierra " option in clover it will jump to the apple logo with the loading bar but loading after few second it will reboot the laptop and go into clover bootloader again. below is my EFI folder , and my install_osx is using the terminal to install one(latest version of High Sierra).

----------------------
after that i tried few time with put (-v) inside the Boot Args,it will load the white text but when finish loading it will back to Dell logo also. below is a part of the text.

Attachments

• CLOVER EFI.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 104
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Thanks for reply, i am following the Guide. i have created the bootable USB and also can boot into the clover bootloader as well. but when i select the " Boot OS X from Install macOS High Sierra " option in clover it will jump to the apple logo with the loading bar but loading after few second it will reboot the laptop and go into clover bootloader again. below is my EFI folder , and my install_osx is using the terminal to install one(latest version of High Sierra).

----------------------
after that i tried few time with put (-v) inside the Boot Args,it will load the white text but when finish loading it will back to Dell logo also. below is a part of the text.

If you followed the guide, you would be choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx".
Your profile is also not filled out as per guide/FAQ. Please fix.
Keep in mind that if DVMT-prealloc is not set correctly, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id.
It is covered in the guide.

If you followed the guide, you would be choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx".
Your profile is also not filled out as per guide/FAQ. Please fix.
Keep in mind that if DVMT-prealloc is not set correctly, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id.
It is covered in the guide.

okay,thanks~i had set

grub> setup_var 0x496 0x2
grub> setup_var 0x76D 0x2

-------------------------------------
if i haven't replace the wifi card and use the original post config.list will have problem also?
or is that my MacOS High Sierra installer problem?

---
because now still facing the same problem such as when i boot the clover when i choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx"(with verbose)and will display lots of with Garbled and it will restart automatic and go back dell logo and countdown in 2sec for auto choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx" and will jump into apple logo with bar after few second will repeat reboot and repeat the same thing from countdown in 2sec for auto choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx".

--------
below image is disable the auto reboot for capture.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
because now still facing the same problem such as when i boot the clover when i choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx"(with verbose)and will display lots of with Garbled and it will restart automatic and go back dell logo and countdown in 2sec for auto choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx" and will jump into apple logo with bar after few second will repeat reboot and repeat the same thing from countdown in 2sec for auto choosing "Boot macOS Install from install_osx".

You will need to capture the KP data that happens prior to it scrolling off screen.
If you can boot with an invalid ig-platform-id, but not with a valid ig-platform-id, it is likely a DVMT-prealloc problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back