Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Super noob question here. Should I leave USBInjectall.kext installed after patching SSDT-UIAC.aml?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi again RehabMan, I hope I did it correctly this time.

P.S. I couldn't attach from terminal the "Terminal Saved Output", site didn't let me to upload the file. So I took a screenshot of terminal. If there is another way please let me know.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • RehabMan.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 58
  • ioreg.ioreg
    12.4 MB · Views: 67
  • Terminal Saved Output.png
    Terminal Saved Output.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 53
Super noob question here. Should I leave USBInjectall.kext installed after patching SSDT-UIAC.aml?

If you think about it, you will be able to answer your own question:

Do you see anywhere in post #1 that the guide instructs you to remove USBInjectAll.kext?
Doesn't the title of the thread imply you must keep USBInjectAll.kext?

Hi again RehabMan, I hope I did it correctly this time.

P.S. I couldn't attach from terminal the "Terminal Saved Output", site didn't let me to upload the file. So I took a screenshot of terminal. If there is another way please let me know.

Please use gen_debug.sh as requested in post #1.

If you think about it, you will be able to answer your own question:

Do you see anywhere in post #1 that the guide instructs you to remove USBInjectAll.kext?
Doesn't the title of the thread imply you must keep USBInjectAll.kext?
Thank you.

You have an obvious problem with the way you installed USBInjectAll.kext.
Look at your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7ffe981221b0 [0x7fff8ccc08f0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Refer to the FAQ for correct kext install procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your KP in VirtualSMC.kext is off-topic here.
Well.. I think I realize where I went wrong.. After completing the custom SSDT, I went ahead and removed the USBInjectAll kext, thinking I no longer need it with the custom SSDT present. I'm pretty sure now that is not the case. I then in a rush simply copied and pasted it back in system without using terminal command for testing.. That was the only issue, I removed it, reinstalled properly using terminal command, and all is well! Thank you again.

Why are you using the port limit patch? This guide does not use it.

After a few re-reading of the guide it works perfectly for the Gigabyte Z170XP-sli ! Thanks a lot !!! Doyou need the aml file ?

Back