Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hello @RehabMan!

I did step-by-step your how-to, created the AML file, and IORegistry shows the correct ports.
Almost everything works in the correct speed, except one USB3 pendrive, which only shows up by connecting it to my Dell displays USB hub.

Earlier with the port limit patch the pendrive worked well on the motherbords USB hubs.

What could be the issue?!

Asrock Z370M Pro4
Sorry!

Here is again, included with the ioreg!

Thanks again!

No surprise it isn't working. You didn't inject any SSxx ports (that's where USB3 pins connect).

Does this still work when updating to 10.14.2? I thought the issues I'm having were related to USB, I go into IORegistryExplorer and little do you know, all HS01-HS14 are showing and SS01.. My AML file had defined HS/SS03-HS/SS06 and HS09-HS12. So I put USBInjectAll.kext back in my system folder as I'm trying to start over. While doing "port discovery" using boot arguments -uia_ignore_rmcf -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS12, I am still getting all HS and SS01 as mentioned before.. What am I doing wrong here? I only have AutoMerge and FixHeaders checked off and PluginType under Generate Options. No other boot flags and in Devices I have USB Inject, Add ClockID, and FixOwnership checked off. I also re-added the USB 10.14.1+ by PMHeart KextToPatch.. Did I miss anything? Attached is my config.plist and original SSDT aml. I am also using the latest clover version, updated a few days ago..

Edit: Also just realized, I'm not seeing the "ports" list on the right side in IORegistryExplorer..

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.14.14 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 134
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    541 bytes · Views: 66
Last edited:
Using my custom ssdt, z370 Aorus gaming 5, the issues I'm having are related to USB not always working.
I am wondering about the need of clover Acpi patches
I am using Rename HDAS to HDEF,
HECI to IMEI,
GFX0 to IGPU and
PEGP to GFX0.
Do I also need change EC0 to EC and SAT0 to SATA?

Using my custom ssdt, z370 Aorus gaming 5, the issues I'm having are related to USB not always working.
HECI to IMEI,
GFX0 to IGPU and
PEGP to GFX0.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

please find debug file

Attachments

• debug_1032.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
No surprise it isn't working. You didn't inject any SSxx ports (that's where USB3 pins connect).
Damn You're right!

Now everything works fine, great description btw mate!

Is there any option to donate you?!

Thanks a lot, great work!

HECI to IMEI,
GFX0 to IGPU and
PEGP to GFX0.

All of those patches you mention are unrelated to USB.
But most all of them are typical patches you might need.
please find debug file

Your USB port injection configuration looks ok.
You will need to describe your problem with details.

But one thing for sure... you didn't implement USB power properties:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Thank you @RehabMan Attached is the debug file generated by gen_degub script. As mentioned before, my custom SSDT For USB seems to be getting omitted. I tried to restart but no luck as the boot arguments were doing nothing, all ports were appearing. I then re-created my config.plist from scratch, and still same thing. Thank you again for your help!

Attachments

• debug_19987.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
Back