Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi RehabMan,I bought a USB 3.0 Hub for ease of use. but if i connect this hub to my PC, after shutdown, I start my computer,The CMOS will be reset.
I already custom my computer's hub with SSDT-UIAC(not include the hub which i bought)
What should i do?
For normal use i disable the port which connect the usb hub,but it's not a good idea.
Can you help me?

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,I bought a USB 3.0 Hub for ease of use. but if i connect this hub to my PC, after shutdown, I start my computer,The CMOS will be reset.
I already custom my computer's hub with SSDT-UIAC(not include the hub which i bought)
What should i do?
For normal use i disable the port which connect the usb hub,but it's not a good idea.
Can you help me?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

****UPDATED WITH NEW DEBUG REPORT WITH UPDATED KEXTS debug_16630****

Hello @RehabMan, sorry its been a bit since we last discussed. I had to move offices and it took a long time to get this thing back hooked up during the construction.

Here are the debug files you requested. This was run today. I hope it helps solve this issue. I'm now having extern drives plugged into the computer cause a reboot (atleast thats all I can deduce without knowing how to read a debug file) when being used.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• debug_12253.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
  • debug_16630.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan and thank you again for all this hard work you put into the hackintosh world.

I updated to High Sierra 10.13.5 after having some difficulties with programs I have - i.e. Davinci resolve 14/15, Pro Tools Ultimate, and Premiere Pro CC - and because the latest nvidia web drivers in 10.13.3 were not playing well and eveyrhing was incredibly laggy.

After updating to High Sierra, my USB's started acting all wonky, and now I only have 1 USB3.0 working on my computer. If I plug in a second, both drives eject.

I started following this guide, and from the beginning I cannot seem to rename my XHCI to XHC, move over my USB2.0 to EHC, or - the most basic level - when I use the USBINJECTALL.Kext nothing changes on my USB XHCI list and I'm missing SSP2-SSP6, which I'm guessing is why all my ports but one are seen as a USB 2.0 even though they are USB 3.0 (I have 9 USB ports total on my motherboard 2x USB 2.0 on the front, 6 USB 3.0 on the back where one is mapped to SSP1 and another is mapped to the thunderbolt bridge, plus a USB-C/Thunderbolt port, which pops up on the thunderbolt bridge as well and is working as long as the device is plugged in when i boot up.)

So, I'm wondering WHY the usbinjectall isnt showing me every port and allowing me to use my custom SSDT? I have both EHCI and XHCI handoff "ON" in my BIOS F5a for the Gigabyte Designaire-EX-99

I red the FAQ and am hoping i have eveyrhing you need to diagnose properly. Theres still some things I'm not sure how to do.

Thank you for any help!!!

View attachment 334780 View attachment 334795

****UPDATED WITH NEW DEBUG REPORT WITH UPDATED KEXTS debug_16630****

Hello @RehabMan, sorry its been a bit since we last discussed. I had to move offices and it took a long time to get this thing back hooked up during the construction.

Here are the debug files you requested. This was run today. I hope it helps solve this issue. I'm now having extern drives plugged into the computer cause a reboot (atleast thats all I can deduce without knowing how to read a debug file) when being used.

Thank you for your help!

To start with, you need to rename XHCI->XHC (XHC_). USBInjectAll.kext assumes XHC, not XHCI.

To start with, you need to rename XHCI->XHC (XHC_). USBInjectAll.kext assumes XHC, not XHCI.

Thank you, I started over on my DSDT patch and tried to do this as you can see on my attached Screen Shot in Clover. I'm not sure why its not changing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.21.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.21.25 PM.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 129
Thank you, I started over on my DSDT patch and tried to do this as you can see on my attached Screen Shot in Clover. I'm not sure why its not changing.

Ok, i am finally working through this. XHCI is renamed to XHC_ in IOReg. Attached proof! Edited manually in Plist Pro instead of Clover. I've updated my debug and I'm going to go through the guide process again, see if I can figure this out. Interesting note is that I still only have SSP1 and not SSP1-SSP6.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.47.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.47.29 PM.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 123

Ok, I was able to get it renamed! i had to manually edit in Plist Pro and not via Clover. I also inserted the updated High Sierra port limit patch of 24. Debug is attached as is the proof its renamed to XHC_!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.47.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.47.29 PM.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 112
  • debug_5134.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 123

Ok, I was able to get it renamed! i had to manually edit in Plist Pro and not via Clover. I also inserted the updated High Sierra port limit patch of 24. Debug is attached as is the proof its renamed to XHC_!

OK! update, I have fixed the issue where all my USB ports were not showing up, even with the previous port limit patches I could find. I finally found this thread below -

What is wrong? What is the issue?

Have you updated with the new USB port limit patch? Are you using USBInjectAll.kext ? If so, build your own SSDT preferably https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit PMHeart)</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.4</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g32UDw+DlwQAAA==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g32UD5CQkJCQkA==</data>
            </dict>

And was able to put this in in Plist Editor Pro and removing my previous kexttopatch from 15 to 24. This has now opened up all my ports. I am going to now identify and continue my custom SSDT from @RehabMan 's guide.

I tell you what, finding these threads has not been easy, I've spent most of today doing this just to get this far and searching for the threads that can get me here. I apologize for the constant updates but I think it helps other noobs like me see the process.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 4.18.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 4.18.11 PM.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 139
Back