Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

port-count and port assignments should be left as coded in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

Oh okay. Quick question: I still need to use the USBInjectAll.kext, right?
And do I also need the XHCI-300 kext?

Thank you.

Thank you.
yes, you will still need USBInjectAll.kext

Stupid question of the day but isn't the USBInjectAll.kext SSDT chipset-specific - or even manufacturer-specific? Is there a reason why I can't request someone elses GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 (or any Gigabyte Z270) SSDT and - if generously shared, copy it onto my EFI drive as opposed to everyone here going through each step on page 1 to generate our own? This assumes all the steps needed in the kexts to patch section of the config.plist are first set in place.

Thank you.

Your system likely DOES NOT have the xHCI device-id applicable to the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext.
Refer to the README.

Stupid question of the day but isn't the USBInjectAll.kext SSDT chipset-specific - or even manufacturer-specific? Is there a reason why I can't request someone elses GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 (or any Gigabyte Z270) SSDT and - if generously shared, copy it onto my EFI drive as opposed to everyone here going through each step on page 1 to generate our own? This assumes all the steps needed in the kexts to patch section of the config.plist are first set in place.

Another person may be using the motherboard headers differently than you are (or than you plan to).
For example, a motherboard header hooked up to an internal BT controller would be marked UsbConnector=255, but another person may have decided to use the same motherboard header connected directly to an external USB3 port, which would be marked UsbConnector=3.

And definitely not chipset specific, as each motherboard manufacturer will decide to map physical ports at the back panel differently than another manufacturer.

So..., you're best off configuring specifically for your motherboard and specifically for how you're using the internal motherboard headers.

Keep in mind the hub on HS09 will not be used with USB3 devices... only when you insert a USB2 device to a port connected to that hub will you notice it being used.

Valid Point. Yes, I tested out every port I have with both a USB 2.0 iLok and a USB 3.0 Thumb-drive so that I would see both become activated. I also tried the USB3.0 External hub trick since its pins activate both HSxx and SSPx interfaces. HS09 and SSP5 had no response in IOReg, but showed a HUB nested to both even with no external USB devices attached to my computer.

Valid Point. Yes, I tested out every port I have with both a USB 2.0 iLok and a USB 3.0 Thumb-drive so that I would see both become activated. I also tried the USB3.0 External hub trick since its pins activate both HSxx and SSPx interfaces. HS09 and SSP5 had no response in IOReg, but showed a HUB nested to both even with no external USB devices attached to my computer.

Pretty rare to have a built-in hub that is not connected to any ports.
It could be a hub connected to internal headers that you didn't test.

Pretty rare to have a built-in hub that is not connected to any ports.
It could be a hub connected to internal headers that you didn't test.

I'm guessing the same. There are two headers on the board that are unused, 16 and 17 in the attached .pdf, so i left them in the SSDT incase we ever expand.

Attachments

• mb_manual_ga-x99-designare-ex - Connections.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
@RehabMan

First of all thanks for the great thread and your great work! Your posts are an amazing treasure of knowledge!

I have a skylake system that I have been using for a year now with the USBInjectAll and decided to try a build a custom SSDT for the USB ports. My specs are: Mobo: HP 8053/U3E1 (Clover), CPU: i7-6700/Q170, Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 OC Low Profile, 2 monitors (1920x1200)

I followed your first post of the thread and as you can see on the screenshot, I am missing the SS?? devices on the left part of the screen. Whenever I try to plug USB2 or USB3 devices I always see them under the HS??. Is this something expected for my system? Also when I try to plug in a USB3 device on a USB3 port I do not see it anywhere. I only see it when I plug it on a USB2 port.

Thanks!

ioreg.png

Last edited:
Back