Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

RehabMan my Haswell build is sometimes rebooting when I wake it from sleep. Please assist me to fix this issue. I have created a custom SSDT for your USBinjectAll.kext
I have also disabled EHCI in bios as a result of which I removed the EHC0/EHC1 renames to EH01/EH02 from my config plist
Attached my problem reporting files.

Edit
Goodness gracious me the problem reporting files vanished into thin air will attach them again in a moment
Sorry for that = my oversight.

Here they are.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • Requested Files.zip
    805.3 KB · Views: 77
I'm not seeing ssxx port activity when I plug a usb 3 device in. Requested files attached, thanks in advance for your assistance.

Remove SSDT-UIAC.aml (or use -uia_ignore_rmcf), add port limit patch, then go through the port discovery process as per post #1.

RehabMan,

Hope you had a good turkey day! Sorry to drag this one up from the depths. Let me know if there's some place better for it to be.

A little background: I had a perfectly functional set of USB ports for the last several years, save for expanding the total number of ports beyond 15 (I made a custom injection kext a few years ago with your prior guide; I'm not sure the port expansion step was an option at the time). Not exactly sure what happened, but I think after upgrading to 10.12.6, that custom kext stopped working (I only noticed when I went to plug in my USB 3.0 external HDD to clone my primary drive before upgrading to High Sierra). I have uninstalled that kext while trying to install using this method.

I'm sure I can make an SSDT, but I'm having trouble getting to that step, because even after installing the USBInjectAll.kext, I'm not able to use my USB 3 ports. (I assume that all ports are supposed to work at this stage, and then we limit them to those needed via the SSDT?) I'm sure I'm missing something, because I haven't thought about this stuff in a few years. Appreciate the assist!

Attachments

• mavent Problem Reporting 11-24-17.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
RehabMan,

Hope you had a good turkey day! Sorry to drag this one up from the depths. Let me know if there's some place better for it to be.

A little background: I had a perfectly functional set of USB ports for the last several years, save for expanding the total number of ports beyond 15 (I made a custom injection kext a few years ago with your prior guide; I'm not sure the port expansion step was an option at the time). Not exactly sure what happened, but I think after upgrading to 10.12.6, that custom kext stopped working (I only noticed when I went to plug in my USB 3.0 external HDD to clone my primary drive before upgrading to High Sierra). I have uninstalled that kext while trying to install using this method.

I'm sure I can make an SSDT, but I'm having trouble getting to that step, because even after installing the USBInjectAll.kext, I'm not able to use my USB 3 ports. (I assume that all ports are supposed to work at this stage, and then we limit them to those needed via the SSDT?) I'm sure I'm missing something, because I haven't thought about this stuff in a few years. Appreciate the assist!

If you plan to put everything on XHC, remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
From this ioreg, you can see that the USB3 device plugged into SSP2 is working...

If you plan to put everything on XHC, remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
From this ioreg, you can see that the USB3 device plugged into SSP2 is working...

I think my external hard drive is just fragged. Thanks again!

I think my external hard drive is just fragged. Thanks again!

The devices you use for port discovery should be tested (to insure they work) in Windows or Linux.

Hello RehabMan,

Could you help me to validate my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
I am not sure if I did it correctly.
Also, I have a strange port name which is not included in the template called PRT.
I am not sure how to handle this port.

Are the 3 files in the attachment sufficient or would you prefer to include all files as required in Problem Reporting?
I have FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and USBInjectAll.kext installed.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
Hello RehabMan,

Could you help me to validate my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
I am not sure if I did it correctly.
Also, I have a strange port name which is not included in the template called PRT.
I am not sure how to handle this port.

Are the 3 files in the attachment sufficient or would you prefer to include all files as required in Problem Reporting?
I have FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and USBInjectAll.kext installed.

Thank you.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back