Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

You should read post #1 carefully and follow it exactly.
If you're still in need of the port limit patch (eg. not just for port discovery), then you're doing it wrong.
It is imperative to stay within the 15-port limit.
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how do I modify the starter template?
You should read post #1 carefully and follow it exactly.
If you're still in need of the port limit patch (eg. not just for port discovery), then you're doing it wrong.
It is imperative to stay within the 15-port limit.

Rehabman,
Thanks for convincing me to create my own SSDT. I had no idea what I was doing at first, but eventually I figured it out. Now I have the correct USB ports without running a port limit patch.

Two questions..
1. HS12 reports itself as a host compatible device in ioReg. I don't know what that is , so I don't know what kind of port I should call it.
2. Is it important to have correct port values (0,3,255)

Thanks again.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how do I modify the starter template?

You can use any text editor, but there is a text editor built-in to MaciASL.
But it seems you already did that as per what you write below...

Rehabman,
Thanks for convincing me to create my own SSDT. I had no idea what I was doing at first, but eventually I figured it out. Now I have the correct USB ports without running a port limit patch.

Two questions..
1. HS12 reports itself as a host compatible device in ioReg. I don't know what that is , so I don't know what kind of port I should call it.

Thanks again.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I think this is what you want.

Thanks for helping.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    666.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Rehabman-patchmatic.zip
    47.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Clover.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Two questions..

HS12 is connected to some sort of USB storage device.

Yes.

@BillG66
No, it's an older monitor (and a very old printer/scanner). The hubs are USB2 only. Thank you for confirming that I'm all set. That was quite a journey. Thank you again.
Hello, just wanted to know if you could please post your completed ssdt, because i have the same board and am having an issue with some of the usb 3 ports, so i could compare it to mine. Thanks in advance.

@BillG66

Hello, just wanted to know if you could please post your completed ssdt, because i have the same board and am having an issue with some of the usb 3 ports, so i could compare it to mine. Thanks in advance.

No problem. Here's my DSL and the AML I created from it. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-Bill(dsl)-Z170N.dsl
    2.9 KB · Views: 110
  • SSDT-UIAC-Z170N.aml
    543 bytes · Views: 103
Wow! Really appreciate the quick reply! Hope to have a complete working Hackintosh like yourself, thanks again.

Thanks again for your ssdt, and now my ports are mapped correctly, however I'm still not seeing activity on my ss ports according to ioregistery explorer. Any chance you could post your config plst so I can see if I'm missing something? Thanks in advance again.

Thanks again for your ssdt, and now my ports are mapped correctly, however I'm still not seeing activity on my ss ports according to ioregistery explorer. Any chance you could post your config plst so I can see if I'm missing something? Thanks in advance again.

Here is it with serial number and smuuid info redacted.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 192
Back