Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

"Inject USB" is not checked on that page; should it be?

It injects power properties for USB. Generally it is something you should have, although I don't think not having it prevents your USB ports from working.

Not aware of a Clover patch for trimforce enable. What is its claim to fame over the Terminal command?

It is available in config_patches.plist in my Clover plist repo for laptops.
Linked from Clover guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
The advantage of the Clover patch is it doesn't mess with your kernel cache like trimforce does.

Serial port in BIOS has always been disabled.

It is showing as active in ioreg.

Removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux did it. Now the XHC listing has triangles and shows my USB 3.0 flash drive.

Now I can determine which of the ports I need. Thanks for your help!

FakePCIID_XHCIMux does not disable your XHC USB3 ports, but it might make your DSDT do it... it is probably something that your DSDT is doing in XSEL or ESEL methods.

I'm confused. Do I need to this as a desktop user?

I am running the newest USBInjectAll kext (200series support).
created a custom SSDT (according to guide).
(before tried using port number patch).
usb 3 ports are never used. usb3 devices work in usb 2 ports. usb2 devices work in usb3 ports. no 3-3. sometimes one of my usb3 stick works in one 3 port but ioreg shows it is using the usb2-port, which system profiler (link speed) and speed test confirms.

any hint?

(repost as requested from: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erboards-in-macos.211743/page-36#post-1424853)

Attachments

• Chris’s iMac.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 93
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 91
  • kextcache.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 126
  • kextstat.txt
    814 bytes · Views: 129
I am running the newest USBInjectAll kext (200series support).
created a custom SSDT (according to guide).
(before tried using port number patch).
usb 3 ports are never used. usb3 devices work in usb 2 ports. usb2 devices work in usb3 ports. no 3-3. sometimes one of my usb3 stick works in one 3 port but ioreg shows it is using the usb2-port, which system profiler (link speed) and speed test confirms.

any hint?

(repost as requested from: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erboards-in-macos.211743/page-36#post-1424853)

Install just addded XHCI-200-series-injector.kext as per USBInjectAll README.
Report result.

"Serial port in BIOS has always been disabled." - Me. (BIOS says so.)
"It is showing as active in ioreg." - RehabMan
Where?

OK, now I have a NEW problem. IORegistryExplorer is not matching my SSDT. Zipped files of both are attached below. Why the mismatch? Is my SSDT not formatted correctly? I used MaciASL version RM-1.31 for the SSDT operation, rather than MaciASL version 1.4. Is there a problem with that? Is the presence of ports "0a 00 00 00" and "0b 00 00 00" causing a problem with my "port count" (which I set at "15" per the highest port number from SSP6)?

And if these port numbers are decimal and not hex, why aren't "0a" and "0b" just "10" and "11" instead? Or if they are hex and not decimal, why aren't "12 00 00 00 00" through "15 00 00 00" listed as "0c 00 00 00" through "0f 00 00 00"? What the heck is the actual port count value?

And why is all of this so hard?

Attachments

• 2017-01-26_11am.ioreg.zip
    532.2 KB · Views: 90
  • SSDT-USB-Haswell.aml.zip
    962 bytes · Views: 94
Install just addded XHCI-200-series-injector.kext as per USBInjectAll README.
Report result.

looks good! finally some steps forward after a few days staring at forum threads ;)

did install to L/E + reboot. issues:
- usb 3.0 stick gets connected to 2.0 internally (HS port in ioreg, 480bps profiler) on startup. when reattached it is connected to the the 3.0 (SS) port (5gbps in profiler).
- usb bluetooth dongle does not work when in usb hub during startup (did before). when i attach it directly to mobo (during startup!) it works and can also be reattached to usb hub.

another thing: do you think my sound issues (console: driver can't startup hardware) have a similar origin and/or solution, since i have a 200 series chipset and toleda says my issues are unheard of. you have a hint here?

"Serial port in BIOS has always been disabled." - Me. (BIOS says so.)
"It is showing as active in ioreg." - RehabMan
Where?

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 2.15.21 PM.png

OK, now I have a NEW problem. IORegistryExplorer is not matching my SSDT. Zipped files of both are attached below.

The SSDT-USB-Haswell.aml you attached is not correct for your XHC shown in ioreg.
In the SSDT, you have data for 8086:a12f, which is 100-series XHC.
Your ioreg shows 8086:8c31.

looks good! finally some steps forward after a few days staring at forum threads ;)

did install to L/E + reboot. issues:
- usb 3.0 stick gets connected to 2.0 internally (HS port in ioreg, 480bps profiler) on startup. when reattached it is connected to the the 3.0 (SS) port (5gbps in profiler).
- usb bluetooth dongle does not work when in usb hub during startup (did before). when i attach it directly to mobo (during startup!) it works and can also be reattached to usb hub.

another thing: do you think my sound issues (console: driver can't startup hardware) have a similar origin and/or solution, since i have a 200 series chipset and toleda says my issues are unheard of. you have a hint here?

I see no "Problem Reporting" files attached.

[IMG said:

My only answer to this is to repeat that the serial port on this computer is disabled, according to my AMI UEFI/BIOS version F9 for my GA-H87N-WIFI motherboard.

The SSDT-USB-Haswell.aml you attached is not correct for your XHC shown in ioreg.
In the SSDT, you have data for 8086:a12f, which is 100-series XHC.
Your ioreg shows 8086:8c31.
I used your "SSDT Template" as the basis for my SSDT. I got the template from the SSD on my other computer (the Skylake) and copied it to this Haswell. Then I edited it for the Haswell ports. So I should not have done that, right? What further editing is required to the template to make it work for my Haswell computer? Or do I need access to a different template that is correct for my Haswell computer? If so, where can I find such?

[Edit: I tried changing the "8086:a12f" (from your template from my Skylake computer) to "8086:8c31" but it didn't help. My IOegistryExplorer still reads the same as last time; HS01-HS14 plus SSP1. So I guess changing the name of the device doesn't do it.] Is there an available SSDT-USB template for the Haswell (Series 8) mobo?]

Last edited:
I used your "SSDT Template" as the basis for my SSDT. I got the template from the SSD on my other computer (the Skylake) and copied it to this Haswell.

Your mistake.
Guide says to use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
Read post #1 carefully.

Back