Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

As per guide, you must read the README to find the download location for pre-built MaciASL.app.
OK, thanks, I got that. But are you aware that clicking on the first link in your guide (below) results in a re-load of the same page? It doesn't link to anything.
"Note recent update to tools for ACPI 6.1: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...tching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts-122.html#post1218823"

Presumably the above link is the one that is supposed to take me to a download source for the correct version of MaciASL, but it "no workee."

OK, thanks, I got that. But are you aware that clicking on the first link in your guide (below) results in a re-load of the same page? It doesn't link to anything.
"Note recent update to tools for ACPI 6.1: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...tching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts-122.html#post1218823"

Presumably the above link is the one that is supposed to take me to a download source for the correct version of MaciASL, but it "no workee."

Fixed: The note was old, so I removed it.

It is not in the files you provided ...

Note: All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume (/L/E or /S/L/E). Essential kexts should be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (other directories should be removed). And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect. Your setup is a mess.
Thanks for your suggestions...i will try to "clean" my config and retry...i'm here to learn :)

OK, I now have a copy of the app "MaciASL" version RM-1.31 (252.3). Is this one correct? And now, I have spent so much time searching for it, I have completely forgotten what I'm supposed to do with it! I guess I need to "apply the XOSI fix to address" "improper Windows emulation." But I don't remember where the instructions are for that. Can you refresh or link me, please?

FYI, I have attached my "problem reporting" ZIP files, all of which are current as of this post.

Attachments

• 2017-01-25_CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 69
  • 2017-01-25_Haswell_Hackintosh.ioreg.zip
    581.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2017-01-25_kextstats.txt.zip
    1,004 bytes · Views: 74
  • 2017-01-25_SLE_and_kextcache.txt.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
OK, I now have a copy of the app "MaciASL" version RM-1.31 (252.3). Is this one correct? And now, I have spent so much time searching for it, I have completely forgotten what I'm supposed to do with it! I guess I need to "apply the XOSI fix to address" "improper Windows emulation." But I don't remember where the instructions are for that. Can you refresh or link me, please?

Main guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Simple:
- use copy paste in a plist editor to copy the _OSI->XOSI patch from config_patches.plist to your own config.plist
- use MaciASL to compile SSDT-XOSI.dsl to SSDT-XOSI.aml and place the result in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Simple:
- use copy paste in a plist editor to copy the _OSI->XOSI patch from config_patches.plist to your own config.plist
- use MaciASL to compile SSDT-XOSI.dsl to SSDT-XOSI.aml and place the result in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
I can do the second step, but where is the "config_patches.plist" file? Your GitHub repository is vast, and I have no idea where to look for that particular plist.

I can do the second step, but where is the "config_patches.plist" file? Your GitHub repository is vast, and I have no idea where to look for that particular plist.

It is in the USBInjectAll repo, as mentioned in the main USB guide.

I believe I have finally followed your instructions for enabling the XHC functions, but IORegistryExplorer still shows them all without triangles, as opposed to the EH01 and EH02 listings. My USB 3.0 flash drive still appears in EH02 under the USB 2.0 hub, even though it is a USB 3.0 device. Once more I am attaching the files you requested in "Problem Reporting." If you see something wrong, please let me know. (FYI, I am now running Mac OS 10.12.3 on this, my Haswell computer. No problems yet.)

(P.S. What does "repo" mean?)

Attachments

• 2017-01-25_5pm CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 2017-01-25_5pm_extensions.txt.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 2017-01-25_5pm_Terminal_kextstat.txt.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2017-01-25_5pm.ioreg.zip
    547.7 KB · Views: 78
I believe I have finally followed your instructions for enabling the XHC functions, but IORegistryExplorer still shows them all without triangles, as opposed to the EH01 and EH02 listings. My USB 3.0 flash drive still appears in EH02 under the USB 2.0 hub, even though it is a USB 3.0 device. Once more I am attaching the files you requested in "Problem Reporting." If you see something wrong, please let me know. (FYI, I am now running Mac OS 10.12.3 on this, my Haswell computer. No problems yet.)

(P.S. What does "repo" mean?)

_OSI->XOSI setup looks correct.

Not sure why your XHCI controller is not working. Must be a BIOS setting issue.

Note that config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership is still false. Thought I suggested this as true at one point...

I would avoid:
- HDAEnabler1.kext (you are already injecting layout-id via config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject)
- trimforce (use the Clover patch for trim instead)
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext (it has no application with your hardware)

The serial port should be disabled in BIOS...

Also, try without FakePCIID_XHCIMux (this will move everything to XHC).

Also, look in your kernel log for clues...

I don't think it is related, but CPU power management is not implemented.

--

"repo" short for "repository".

Checked "Fix Ownership," no change after rebooting. "Inject USB" is not checked on that page; should it be?
Deleted HDAEnabler1.kext from S/L/E, no change after rebooting.
Not aware of a Clover patch for trimforce enable. What is its claim to fame over the Terminal command?
Deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext from both L/E and S/L/E, no change after rebooting.
Serial port in BIOS has always been disabled.
Removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux did it. Now the XHC listing has triangles and shows my USB 3.0 flash drive.

Now I can determine which of the ports I need. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Back