Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I can´t add "g710////EA==" in find and "g710////Gw==" in replace in config.plist.
For editing my config.plist I use Plist Edit Pro.

Data types are entered in hex in a plist editor. It will convert automatically to base64.

One question: What is the difference between the 2 patches for 100-series in the example config.plist?

If you're referring to config_patches.plist, they are specific to version of the system (10.11.x vs. 10.12.x).
Look carefully at the patch content (MatchOS).

PRT1, PRT3, PRT8 are coming from a built-in hub port injector for iMac13,1. Look in AppleUSBHub.kext (in IOUSBHostFamily Plugins).

Solutions:
- use different SMBIOS
- or edit Info.plist for AppleUSBHub.kext
If delete iMac13,1 profile in AppleU~.kext. Everything will be fine?

If delete iMac13,1 profile in AppleU~.kext. Everything will be fine?

Deleting the iMac13,1 related entries in AppleUSBHub.kext/Info.plist will help with the additional PRTx ports you find in ioreg. But it won't help with other things (eg. 'everything' is overly inclusive).

Hi Guys

Just purchased MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK. Was trying to follow step by step guide here to create custom port injection however afetr using ALLusbinject there is no USB3 ports being shown only PR1-PR26

USB2 devices connected showing just fine using IOReg but there is nothing changing for USB3 in the way it`s been explained here.

I can`t find any HS or SS ports at all. Does any of you might know the reason ? Checked with El Capitan and Sierra

Used this port patch but still can see this AppleUSBXHCIPCI in IOREG

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

Hi Guys

Just purchased MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK. Was trying to follow step by step guide here to create custom port injection however afetr using ALLusbinject there is no USB3 ports being shown only PR1-PR26

USB2 devices connected showing just fine using IOReg but there is nothing changing for USB3 in the way it`s been explained here.

I can`t find any HS or SS ports at all. Does any of you might know the reason ? Checked with El Capitan and Sierra

Used this port patch but still can see this AppleUSBXHCIPCI in IOREG

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I've tested all back ports with both USB2 and USB3 devices and only HSxx ports are getting active.
The only SSPX ports active are the two at front. Anything else? to check or do?

I've tested all back ports with both USB2 and USB3 devices and only HSxx ports are getting active.
The only SSPX ports active are the two at front. Anything else? to check or do?

IOACPIPlane seems to imply SSP5 and SSP6 may be connected to an internal 4 port hub.
It means SSP5 and SSP6 should be marked internal (UsbConnector=255).
You might try that setup. The UsbConnector values can be changed in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

Also, your ACPI configuration is wrong. It is NOT valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without the SSDT that implements the XOSI method (SSDT-XOSI.aml). Using that patch without the SSDT will cause ACPI abort on any reference to _OSI in original ACPI files. That is not a good thing...

The patches are correct. The ioreg shot looks correct (all ports are injected). Continue with the guide...

Hey RehabMan, I believe I have made some progress. Detected and tested all of my USB ports. I only Needed HSO 1-7/SSO1-7 for my Designaire motherboard. I did have two USB2 ports at HSO13 & HSO14 but eliminated these from my SSDT-UIAC file as it put me over 15 and I don't think I will be using them. I have attached my custom SSDT-UIAC below for you to double check before I upload. If you have time can you take a look and see if I should be good to go? Appreciate it.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    660 bytes · Views: 146
Hey RehabMan, I believe I have made some progress. Detected and tested all of my USB ports. I only Needed HSO 1-7/SSO1-7 for my Designaire motherboard. I did have two USB2 ports at HSO13 & HSO14 but eliminated these from my SSDT-UIAC file as it put me over 15 and I don't think I will be using them. I have attached my custom SSDT-UIAC below for you to double check before I upload. If you have time can you take a look and see if I should be good to go? Appreciate it.

At a glance, it looks ok.

I´m not able to fill in the code for "find" and "replace".
I tried with Xcode and Plist Edit Pro, but both programs says that hex code is wrong.
For " find" I should fill in "g710////EA==" this and for "replace" this "g710////Gw==" right?

Back