Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Yeah I know this concerns your USBInjectAll.kext. Sorry!
I did my homework again with both of your kext files.
In the zip there is IOreg before and after. custom SSDT I made and textfile for the active ports on this Mobo.
After creating custom ssdt I lost USB-3 ports at front on SSP1 and SSP2.
Also USB3 on the back is too slow.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong. And thanks for the effort.

The port addresses in your SSDT for SSP1/SSP2 are wrong.
Do not change the port addresses.

I tried this guide to get USB completely working, but when I plug in USB sticks, it doesn't appear in IOREG. The patches for EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 are present in my config.plist, but I can´t apply the port limit patch to my config.plist. I also installed the USBInjectall.kext to S/L/E. I didn´t install FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
I attached my EFI folder, a copy of IOREG and the output as text file as zip.
I will be glad when someone can help me to fix the problem:)

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
The port addresses in your SSDT for SSP1/SSP2 are wrong.
Do not change the port addresses.
Ok I restored the ports addresses and now have two USB3 ports at front. Running at full speed.
None of my Back-panel USB3 ports runs at full speed but at USB2 speed? They are all HS0X ports?
Any idea?

Attachments

• USB X99-UD5-WIFI-V2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 104
I tried this guide to get USB completely working, but when I plug in USB sticks, it doesn't appear in IOREG. The patches for EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 are present in my config.plist, but I can´t apply the port limit patch to my config.plist. I also installed the USBInjectall.kext to S/L/E. I didn´t install FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
I attached my EFI folder, a copy of IOREG and the output as text file as zip.
I will be glad when someone can help me to fix the problem:)

You need to add the port limit patch to your config.plist. Use copy paste with a plist editor.

Ok I restored the ports addresses and now have two USB3 ports at front. Running at full speed.
None of my Back-panel USB3 ports runs at full speed but at USB2 speed? They are all HS0X ports?
Any idea?

Boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf (it disables your SSDT), then test those ports to determine which SSPx port they are attached to.

As you can see in My "before" and "after" custom ssdt IOreg only 2 SSPx ports are active.
All back-panel ports are on HSXX ports. So my guess is I have to adjust Bios to make them actief?

Some problems.
PRT8 (EH01) is not excluded with Custom SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext.

Attachments

• archive.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I can´t add "g710////EA==" in find and "g710////Gw==" in replace in config.plist.
For editing my config.plist I use Plist Edit Pro.
One question: What is the difference between the 2 patches for 100-series in the example config.plist?

As you can see in My "before" and "after" custom ssdt IOreg only 2 SSPx ports are active.
All back-panel ports are on HSXX ports. So my guess is I have to adjust Bios to make them actief?

Or it means you didn't test them properly. It is not something I can investigate for you...

Some problems.
PRT8 (EH01) is not excluded with Custom SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext.

PRT1, PRT3, PRT8 are coming from a built-in hub port injector for iMac13,1. Look in AppleUSBHub.kext (in IOUSBHostFamily Plugins).

Solutions:
- use different SMBIOS
- or edit Info.plist for AppleUSBHub.kext

Back