Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hey guys,

So once I switched my system definition over to 18,3 all my USB ports stopped working. I managed to follow this guide and fix them all, but I felt like i was guessing the whole guide. Had a few questions:

1. "XHCI injector kext, if required (200-series need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext)" I skipped over this too because I had no idea, but I am on asus z270 prime. Could someone explain this to me a bit more and tell me if I have to go back and add this?

2. In the ioreg reader thing I couldn't even find a "EH01" dropdown. Is this okay?

3. During port discovery all the red was in hs01-hs06 and ss01-ss06. One of them had no red but it had a dropdown arrow for something else so I left it. I realizing now that I didn't unplug my monitor USB hub thing so I'm guessing its that. The reason I'm concerned with this is that all my ports were in the same category, but 2 of my USB ports are on my case and 5 are on my motherboard, figured I'd have atleast 2 categorys..

4. <af a2 00 00> == 8086_a2af ?

5. One of my ports is USB 3.1, does this still use ""UsbConnector", 3" ?

Here's the SSDT and config.plist I ended up with:
https://github.com/robbyklein/Hackintosh

Does everything seem okay to you guys? Sorry for the beginner questions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.13.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.13.46 PM.png
    490.3 KB · Views: 75
Hey guys,

So once I switched my system definition over to 18,3 all my USB ports stopped working. I managed to follow this guide and fix them all, but I felt like i was guessing the whole guide. Had a few questions:

1. "XHCI injector kext, if required (200-series need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext)" I skipped over this too because I had no idea, but I am on asus z270 prime. Could someone explain this to me a bit more and tell me if I have to go back and add this?

2. In the ioreg reader thing I couldn't even find a "EH01" dropdown. Is this okay?

3. During port discovery all the red was in hs01-hs06 and ss01-ss06. One of them had no red but it had a dropdown arrow for something else so I left it. I realizing now that I didn't unplug my monitor USB hub thing so I'm guessing its that. The reason I'm concerned with this is that all my ports were in the same category, but 2 of my USB ports are on my case and 5 are on my motherboard, figured I'd have atleast 2 categorys..

4. <af a2 00 00> == 8086_a2af ?

5. One of my ports is USB 3.1, does this still use ""UsbConnector", 3" ?

Here's the SSDT and config.plist I ended up with:
https://github.com/robbyklein/Hackintosh

Does everything seem okay to you guys? Sorry for the beginner questions.

1. depends on your macOS version (current macOS has native support for xHCI a2af)
2. none expected with 100-series or later (no EHCI controller)
3. as per post #1, red indicates devices you have since disconnected
4. yes, of course
5. perhaps you mean it is USB type-C? As per ACPI spec (_UPC), USB type-C ports are either 9 or 10 depending on whether it has an internal switch or not. Make sure you test in both orientations.

Not possible to provide any analysis on what you've done without "problem reporting" files as per laptop FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

1. depends on your macOS version (current macOS has native support for xHCI a2af)
2. none expected with 100-series or later (no EHCI controller)
3. as per post #1, red indicates devices you have since disconnected
4. yes, of course
5. perhaps you mean it is USB type-C? As per ACPI spec (_UPC), USB type-C ports are either 9 or 10 depending on whether it has an internal switch or not. Make sure you test in both orientations.

Not possible to provide any analysis on what you've done without "problem reporting" files as per laptop FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate your work for the community by the way.

5. Ohh the port I'm trying to get configured properly is a USB type-A. Currently its assigned 3 and is working. I do have a type-C but nothing to plug into it, so not too concerned with that one.

Okay sorry about that, attaching those files now. Not sure if the f2/f4 pressing at the clover boot screen worked. It gave no output or confirmation of anything happening.

Attachments

• debug_5323.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
5. Ohh the port I'm trying to get configured properly is a USB type-A. Currently its assigned 3 and is working. I do have a type-C but nothing to plug into it, so not too concerned with that one.

As per post #1, normal USB3 ports are marked UsbConnector=3, so sounds like you did the right thing.

Okay sorry about that, attaching those files now. Not sure if the f2/f4 pressing at the clover boot screen worked. It gave no output or confirmation of anything happening.

Your current configuration looks correct assuming you have 6-USB3 ports, no internal USB devices, no USB2-only ports.
I assume the hub connected to SS05/HS05 is external.

Hmm okay, I think I'm close.

So I have 5 USB 3 ports on my motherboard and 1 type-C (which i didn't bother with). My case (NZXT S340) has an additional 2 usb 3 ports which I believe I plugged into the motherboard internally (first and only pc build ever, I'm beginner at this stuff, sorry!).

Would that count as an internal USB device or the 6th USB port in my in my configuration?

Attachments

• IMG-0609.JPG
    IMG-0609.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
Hmm okay, I think I'm close.

So I have 5 USB 3 ports on my motherboard and 1 type-C (which i didn't bother with). My case (NZXT S340) has an additional 2 usb 3 ports which I believe I plugged into the motherboard internally (first and only pc build ever, I'm beginner at this stuff, sorry!).

Would that count as an internal USB device or the 6th USB port in my in my configuration?

Perhaps the case ports have their own hub, which in turn you connected to SS05/HS05, then SS05/HS05 should be marked as internal (UsbConnector=255), as the hub is connected to the controller, and the hub is the considered internal (the hub, in turn, then has the external ports).

My laptop has a USB3.1 type-c. And can it work?

Hello all. MY 2 year old build was working all nice, until i tried to install High Sierra (first to test all works i installed high Sierra in a alternative HDD) but it required to work to update my Bios. Since i upgraded it, my original El Capitan installation stoppped working the Bluetooth (connected to an internal usb port HS12) the bluetooth icon greyed with a black line and says "bluetooth no available" . This problem is present too in the high Sierra install.

It seems my old DSDT isnt working, because i see i have more ports than usual, and after several tests i'm little lost..... Finally i managed to install the Usbinjectall.kext and simply exclude the ports i dont want to use to stay inside the limit, to see if with this the brcm card start working again.
So my question is, if with this installation (usbinject all + uia exclude ) to stay inside the 15 limit, i can discard a Usb ports problem i i can move this question to another topic related to the BRCM wifi/BT cards?

I post the files needed also my old dsdt ( at this moment working without dsdt, only usbinjectall + uia exclude)

Thx

Attachments

• debug_14408.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 72
  • SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD3.aml
    888 bytes · Views: 86
Last edited:
My laptop has a USB3.1 type-c. And can it work?

You will need to verify where the USB type-C is connected.
It could be connected to a Thunderbolt controller (not covered by this guide).
Or it could be connected to the xHCI controller (covered by this guide).
You will be able to tell the difference in ioreg.

Hello all. MY 2 year old build was working all nice, until i tried to install High Sierra (first to test all works i installed high Sierra in a alternative HDD) but it required to work to update my Bios. Since i upgraded it, my original El Capitan installation stoppped working the Bluetooth (connected to an internal usb port HS12) the bluetooth icon greyed with a black line and says "bluetooth no available" . This problem is present too in the high Sierra install.

It seems my old DSDT isnt working, because i see i have more ports than usual, and after several tests i'm little lost..... Finally i managed to install the Usbinjectall.kext and simply exclude the ports i dont want to use to stay inside the limit, to see if with this the brcm card start working again.
So my question is, if with this installation (usbinject all + uia exclude ) to stay inside the 15 limit, i can discard a Usb ports problem i i can move this question to another topic related to the BRCM wifi/BT cards?

I post the files needed also my old dsdt ( at this moment working without dsdt, only usbinjectall + uia exclude)

Thx

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete and wrong (wrong version of IORegistryExplorer used).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back