Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

@RehabMan Type-A and Type-C working with USBInjectAll.kext?

I have redo that step and i'm not eliminating both of HSxx port or SSPx port.. But the usb2 still not available. I need help
View attachment 298515

Re-do port discovery without disabling the EHCI controller.
It is possible your USB2 is connected directly to EHCI, not going through xHCI.

@RehabMan Type-A and Type-C working with USBInjectAll.kext?

Depends.
If the port is connected to xHCI, yes.
If it is a separate TB(3) controller, then USBInjectInjectAll.kext is not involved.

Re-do port discovery without disabling the EHCI controller.
It is possible your USB2 is connected directly to EHCI, not going through xHCI.

I have removed both usbinjectall and fakepciidxhcimux to determine the port again. And yes, the only one port of usb2 is connected directly to EHCI under the Hub port as you can see here
upload_2017-12-10_22-27-8.png

And then how to route it under xhc ? it is possible ?

I have removed both usbinjectall and fakepciidxhcimux to determine the port again. And yes, the only one port of usb2 is connected directly to EHCI under the Hub port as you can see here
View attachment 298614

USBInjectAll.kext, as per post #1, is required for port discovery.

And then how to route it under xhc ? it is possible ?

Likely not possible, as it is probably hardwired to EHCI.
You might check your xHCI options in BIOS.

Likely not possible, as it is probably hardwired to EHCI.
You might check your xHCI options in BIOS.

What should be checked on bios ? i already set the XHCI to "smart auto"

Depends.
If the port is connected to xHCI, yes.
If it is a separate TB(3) controller, then USBInjectInjectAll.kext is not involved.

How should I test is it connected to xHCI? I must remove the first USBInjectInjectAll.kext and SSDT.UIAC.aml then use your port detection guide with ioreg right?

Actually, I don't care Type-A especially I want to use Type-C for iPhone charge. is it possible to charge iPhone with Type-C on Hackintosh?

What should be checked on bios ? i already set the XHCI to "smart auto"

If there is an option for "Enabled", it may result in nothing on EHCI, everything on XHC.

If there is an option for "Enabled", it may result in nothing on EHCI, everything on XHC.

i change the option to "enabled", suddenly the usb2 port was disabled from bios..
upload_2017-12-11_7-53-13.png

i dont understand, why my laptop is a little bit more different than the others,
and then what should i do next ? i get stuck on this step to get usb inject port working :banghead:

Back