Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi Rehabman, can we take a step back.
Can you confirm that you are looking at my file in post #1104 and not someone else's file.
Reason is because, my ioreg shows that I have 0xff (255) for PR11 and I don't have SSDT-10.aml generated in RehabMan folder.

The files in #1104 look fine with regard to PR11 and PR21 UsbConnector values.
Confusion can result if you reply to someone else's reply stream.

The files in #1104 look fine with regard to PR11 and PR21 UsbConnector values.
Confusion can result if you reply to someone else's reply stream.
Can we go back to #1104.
I think starting from there, your reply is not based on my attachment.
So there are confusion from there on.
Can you assist me what other configuration is wrong that contributes to my problem?

Can we go back to #1104.
I think starting from there, your reply is not based on my attachment.
So there are confusion from there on.
Can you assist me what other configuration is wrong that contributes to my problem?

Is your mouse "MI wireless mouse"?
It is not using bluetooth (meaning no bluetooth controller there... looks like just a USB mouse, possibly wireless).
You should try connecting it to a port connected directly to the EHCI controller (or XHCI controller) instead of to a hub.
And if the hub connected to HP23 is internal, HP23 should should be marked portType=2.
And typically with 7-series, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is used to always route HSxx on XHC to EHCI.

Is your mouse "MI wireless mouse"?
It is not using bluetooth (meaning no bluetooth controller there... looks like just a USB mouse, possibly wireless).
You should try connecting it to a port connected directly to the EHCI controller (or XHCI controller) instead of to a hub.
And if the hub connected to HP23 is internal, HP23 should should be marked portType=2.
Yes.
It has a usb dongle that provides wireless connection.
I am still could not differentiate what is considered as internal.
There is a usb cable attached to the usb 2.0 port in my pc to the Dell monitor (hub).
The mouse usb dongle is attached to the monitor.
Does this make the hub internal or external? I guess this is external but I might be wrong.

And typically with 7-series, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is used to always route HSxx on XHC to EHCI.
Alright, I will try this next.

I had tried to connect the usb dongle directly to the pc, but it had caused my cursor to be jumpy/stuttery.
For this reason, I have to connect the usb dongle to the monitor. It turned out fine after that.
But I will try your suggestion once I get a shielded usb cable.
Hopefully, this is a case of signal interference.

Last edited:
Yes.
It has a usb dongle that provides wireless connection.
I am still could not differentiate what is considered as internal.
There is a usb cable attached to the usb 2.0 port in my pc to the Dell monitor (hub).
The mouse usb dongle is attached to the monitor.
Does this make the hub internal or external? I guess this is external but I might be wrong.

That hub is external (you could unplug it while the computer is running).
Plug your mouse directly into a port, not the hub (the hub may have compatibility issues).

Hi RehabMan! First off all, could you please control my config.plist file? i add lines for The EHCx renames, while the port limit patches there were already (i have only one line for 10.13.x), but i'm not sure i understood the requirements section... Then i checked my USB ports (before the editing of config.plist, it was a mistake?), but it seems i use 16 ports (HS01-HS04, HS08-HS09, HS11-HS13, SS01-SS08), can it possible or am I wrong? Finally which tool can i use to create my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl? Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 290
  • screenUSB.png
    screenUSB.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 126
Hi RehabMan! First off all, could you please control my config.plist file? i add lines for The EHCx renames, while the port limit patches there were already (i have only one line for 10.13.x), but i'm not sure i understood the requirements section... Then i checked my USB ports (before the editing of config.plist, it was a mistake?), but it seems i use 16 ports (HS01-HS04, HS08-HS09, HS11-HS13, SS01-SS08), can it possible or am I wrong? Finally which tool can i use to create my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl? Thank you!

Your image shows 16 ports being used.
You will need to sacrifice one of them to stay within the 15-port limit.
As per guide, you use MaciASL to create your SSDT-UIAC.dsl.

Your image shows 16 ports being used.
You will need to sacrifice one of them to stay within the 15-port limit.
As per guide, you use MaciASL to create your SSDT-UIAC.dsl.
Do I have to sacrifice both ports (HSxx and SSxx) if it is a usb 3.0? I mean if i plug a USB 3.0 drive it goes on SS08, while if i plug USB 2.0 drive in the same port it goes on HS13, so i need to remove SS08 and HS13?
Was the config.plist ok (i have not applied "change _OSI to XOSI", "change XHCI to XHC" and "change XHC1 to XHC" because there is no reference in the guide but only in config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll.kext repository)?

Do I have to sacrifice both ports (HSxx and SSxx) if it is a usb 3.0? I mean if i plug a USB 3.0 drive it goes on SS08, while if i plug USB 2.0 drive in the same port it goes on HS13, so i need to remove SS08 and HS13?

Yes.

Was the config.plist ok (i have not applied "change _OSI to XOSI", "change XHCI to XHC" and "change XHC1 to XHC" because there is no reference in the guide but only in config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll.kext repository)?

Your image shows XHC already being used, so no need to patch XHC1->XHC.
_OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml can sometimes help deal with ACPI issues by spoofing a version of Windows when running "Darwin" (most ACPI sets do not have native support for "Darwin" [no surprise]).

Yes.

Your image shows XHC already being used, so no need to patch XHC1->XHC.
_OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml can sometimes help deal with ACPI issues by spoofing a version of Windows when running "Darwin" (most ACPI sets do not have native support for "Darwin" [no surprise]).
Perfect, I'll try and keep you update. I hope i don't have to re-install all :lol: Thank you very much, you're alway so kind

Back