Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover UEFI - Asus N550JK-DS71T Intel HD4600 Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which patch did you use to disable your 850m and to get brightness keys working??

This is the patch order I used.

1. [Guide] Patching Laptop DSDT/SSDTs - applied all the suggested patches, in the order listed in the guide. Applying 1 patch and testing for compile errors. After all suggested patches applied and no errors, I moved to ----->
2 [Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for Laptop Backlight Control, followed by keyboard backlighting and fn keys
3.[Guide] How to patch for working battery status
4.[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

This is the patch order I used.

1. [Guide] Patching Laptop DSDT/SSDTs - applied all the suggested patches, in the order listed in the guide. Applying 1 patch and testing for compile errors. After all suggested patches applied and no errors, I moved to ----->
2 [Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for Laptop Backlight Control, followed by keyboard backlighting and fn keys
3.[Guide] How to patch for working battery status
4.[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Thank you very much

My laptop is working fine except HDMI audio +

I don't want the smooth transition for the brightness is there anyway to disable it

Thank you again for your help

Thank you very much

My laptop is working fine except HDMI audio +

I don't want the smooth transition for the brightness is there anyway to disable it

Thank you again for your help

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

System: Asus N550JK-CN002H
Bootloader:Clover
Cpu:i7 4700HQ / I don't have windows installed now to get the chipset model

Graphics:HD 4600+
nvidia 850m disabled

Resolution:1920*1080

System: Asus N550JK-CN002H
Bootloader:Clover
Cpu:i7 4700HQ / I don't have windows installed now to get the chipset model

Graphics:HD 4600+
nvidia 850m disabled

Resolution:1920*1080

Read carefully... "in your profile"

As for brightness, you can patch AppleBacklight.kext or build an injector instead of using ACPIBacklight.kext. Not sure why you would not want the smooth transitions though...

HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU and HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Can you tell me how to patch AppleBacklight.kext ?

I want my brightness level like in just like in windows.

P.S:

I tried this method and it didn't work for me

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...screen-using-patched-applebacklight-kext.html

That method will work, but you will need to adjust the plist for Haswell. The plist data range is for Ivy/Sandy 0-0x710. Haswell uses 0-0xad9. Same concepts apply however. Also DSDT patch is different for Haswell, but that is covered in the main guide..

Good evening!

With help of all guides found of this and this topic I managed to install Yosemite 10.10.4. with DSDT (1st time :) )

Now I am looking the 3rd day to solve following problems. Keyboard backlighting, backlight control and sleep mode (hibernate mode0 is active).

The rest is working perfectly (disabled nVidia, Sound, USB3.0, Trackpad, CPU, Battery)

Maybe someone can check my enclosed files if I made something wrong. To solve the light problem I used several kext files but without success.

Clover: 3241

Thank you in advance!!!View attachment asus n550j.zip

Good evening!

With help of all guides found of this and this topic I managed to install Yosemite 10.10.4. with DSDT (1st time :) )

Now I am looking the 3rd day to solve following problems. Keyboard backlighting, backlight control and sleep mode (hibernate mode0 is active).

The rest is working perfectly (disabled nVidia, Sound, USB3.0, Trackpad, CPU, Battery)

Maybe someone can check my enclosed files if I made something wrong. To solve the light problem I used several kext files but without success.

Clover: 3241

Thank you in advance!!!View attachment 144563

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back