Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover UEFI - Asus N550JK-DS71T Intel HD4600 Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
InfinityPT

If not done already, you can download Asus backtracker (search Google for this). Backtracker will allow you to backup your factory recovery image to a USB thumb drive (need at least 12GB free space).

To be honest i didnt had the courage yet to start the process because i have to read everything about the clover very carefully seems a bit hard to do. Also im in the university, so i don't have much time.

But to be honest, do you think its worth to hackintosh the laptop? I don't really work with Video/Image editing, i just really like the MacOS, so what do you think?

To be honest i didnt had the courage yet to start the process because i have to read everything about the clover very carefully seems a bit hard to do. Also im in the university, so i don't have much time.

But to be honest, do you think its worth to hackintosh the laptop? I don't really work with Video/Image editing, i just really like the MacOS, so what do you think?

Clover - This is my second pc using clover, so it's seems easy to me. I think the [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI is straight forward and provide everything you need.

Hackintosh - This is a decision you will need to make. I prefer the UNIX environment vs MS. My Win drive is stored away and I don't plan on using it on this laptop again, unless my job requires it. I installed OS X on an external USB drive first to see how it performs prior to investing in the SSD. You could alway try Ubuntu from a USB stick or DVD, it runs really well on this laptop and I think everything works OOB.

Rehabman

I successfully patched my DSDT/SSDT's to enable the following:

Brightness slider

Brightness keys

GTX 850M GPU disabled

Battery Status - The only issues - after the batter charge reaches 100%, power source switches to battery and it is stuck on calculating time remaining. When on battery or charging - everything works as it should.

Keyboard Backlighting - Using info from OSXLatitude (ELAN patches)

I'm not sure if you want any patch info from me because everything I used is already in your Laptop patch repository. I used the battery patch for the ASUS-N55SL/VivoBook after comparing it to the info in my DSDT, it needed just a small change for my system.

These lines from your patch for B1C3, 16
into device label EC0 code_regex B1C3,\s+16 replace_matched begin YC30,8,YC31,8 end;
into_all method label _BIX code_regex \(\^\^LPCB\.EC0\.B1C3, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^LPCB.EC0.YC30,^^LPCB.EC0.YC31), end;

My system does not require a patch for B1C3, 16. I just commented out these two lines and applied the patch. I tried it with and without the two lines, no changes noted.

This is my first DSDT/SSDT patch and it seemed a lot harder at first, but you have most of the work done with all the patches I needed in your repository. After I corrected the errors and able to compile, the rest of the patching was a snap.

I am researching ways to extend my battery life. The specs indicated that battery life for this system is 4 plus hours (not great). I was able to get 3 plus hours under OS X, but this is the first time draining the battery, so it may improve with use.

Thanks for everything you have done to help me get this laptop running successfully.

Last edited:
I just saw your post again, so you have almost everything working even the wireless and the touchpad? Does the touchpad works like supposed i mean, can you use the mouse shortcuts, like 4 fingers swipe to change screens and stuff?

I just saw your post again, so you have almost everything working even the wireless and the touchpad? Does the touchpad works like supposed i mean, can you use the mouse shortcuts, like 4 fingers swipe to change screens and stuff?

Here is the information on kext being used for the touchpad
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
The touchpad works, but have not configured everything for it. This is not a big priority from me at the moment.

I got the wireless and BT working by replacing the Intel AC 7260 with a BCM94352. I also have audio working using a patched AppleHDA (just the speakers are working as of this post, headphone worked, but I broke it to get the output to the speakers - would like to get the subwoofer working. The mic is listed, but I haven't tested it yet. I will continue to work on this). There is so much information to read and I like to understand what I am doing before making changes. The remaining non working items (HDMI Audio and Card reader) I don't care about them. The DP probably work, but I don't have an adapter to test it. I am happy with my progress and the system is stable as it is.

Here is the information on kext being used for the touchpad
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
The touchpad works, but have not configured everything for it. This is not a big priority from me at the moment.

I got the wireless and BT working by replacing the Intel AC 7260 with a BCM94352. I also have audio working using a patched AppleHDA (just the speakers are working as of this post, headphone worked, but I broke it to get the output to the speakers - would like to get the subwoofer working. The mic is listed, but I haven't tested it yet. I will continue to work on this). There is so much information to read and I like to understand what I am doing before making changes. The remaining non working items (HDMI Audio and Card reader) I don't care about them. The DP probably work, but I don't have an adapter to test it. I am happy with my progress and the system is stable as it is.

Is it expensive? About the replacement how hard is it?

Is it expensive? About the replacement how hard is it?

The card cost me $24.00, plus you will need a T5 Torx bit to remove the back cover. Easy job, it took 10 min or less. There are videos on youtube on how to replace the drive and card. Search Google for the card, you should be able to find it cheaper if you order it from China, but I used an U.S. vendor.

Rehabman

Battery Status - The only issues - after the batter charge reaches 100%, power source switches to battery and it is stuck on calculating time remaining. When on battery or charging - everything works as it should.

UPDATED - RESOLVED

============ DSDT Problem in section FBST===========

Method (FBST, 4, NotSerialized)
{
And (Arg1, 0xFFFF, Local1)
Store (Zero, Local0)
If (^^LPCB.EC0.ACAP ())
{
Store (One, Local0)
}

If (Local0)
{
If (CHGS (Zero))
{
Store (0x02, Local0)
}
Else
{
Store (One, Local0) <======ERROR IS HERE - THIS SHOULD BE== Store (Zero, Local0)
}
}
Else
{
Store (One, Local0)
}

================== This is the CORRECT patch=======

Method (FBST, 4, NotSerialized)
{
And (Arg1, 0xFFFF, Local1)
Store (Zero, Local0)
If (^^LPCB.EC0.ACAP ())
{
Store (One, Local0)
}

If (Local0)
{
If (CHGS (Zero))
{
Store (0x02, Local0)
}
Else
{
Store (Zero, Local0)
}
}
Else
{
Store (One, Local0)
}
================
With this change the battery status indicate Charged and power source indicate Power Adapter. I have the same issue on Ubuntu and the credit for this goes to Shutt1e on http://askubuntu.com/questions/5870...using-battery-power-even-when-plugged-in-asus

Rehabman

I successfully patched my DSDT/SSDT's to enable the following:

Brightness slider

Brightness keys

GTX 850M GPU disabled

Keyboard Backlighting - Using info from OSXLatitude (ELAN patches

I'm not sure if you want any patch info from me because everything I used is already in your Laptop patch repository. I used the battery patch for the ASUS-N55SL/VivoBook after comparing it to the info in my DSDT, it needed just a small change for my system.

These lines from your patch for B1C3, 16
into device label EC0 code_regex B1C3,\s+16 replace_matched begin YC30,8,YC31,8 end;
into_all method label _BIX code_regex \(\^\^LPCB\.EC0\.B1C3, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^LPCB.EC0.YC30,^^LPCB.EC0.YC31), end;

My system does not require a patch for B1C3, 16. I just commented out these two lines and applied the patch. I tried it with and without the two lines, no changes noted.

This is my first DSDT/SSDT patch and it seemed a lot harder at first, but you have most of the work done with all the patches I needed in your repository. After I corrected the errors and able to compile, the rest of the patching was a snap.

I am researching ways to extend my battery life. The specs indicated that battery life for this system is 4 plus hours (not great). I was able to get 3 plus hours under OS X, but this is the first time draining the battery, so it may improve with use.

Thanks for everything you have done to help me get this laptop running successfully.

Which patch did you use to disable your 850m and to get brightness keys working??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back