Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

I using the Ivy Bridge architecture laptop, and the iGPU (HD4000) did not support Monterey any more. The Monterey did not need patch to support dropped hardware ?
correct, use Big Sur as i mentioned on your other post

Thx your reply :).

I am using Big Sur now.

So, Your meaning is does not suggest me to use Monterey on IveBridge architecture laptop, just keep using Big Sur, eight ?

Thx your reply :).

I am using Big Sur now.

So, Your meaning is does not suggest me to use Monterey on IveBridge architecture laptop, just keep using Big Sur, eight ?
correct

I using the Ivy Bridge architecture laptop, and the iGPU (HD4000) did not support Monterey any more. The Monterey did not need patch to support dropped hardware ?
Make installation usb as if you were installing big sur. Put your working opencore EFI folder(from big sur)and Opencore Legacy patcher app to usb stick which has Monterey recovery (+Monterey app if you made installer from app store).

If you have only Monterey recovery plug in your Ethernet cable before you continue.

Boot from your USB. Select Install Monterey.

Format your disk, either by terminal or disk utility. Chat gpt will be your best friend for this task. I recommend you to make small volume for installation 80gb max. It will take ages if you make larger.

Then exit Terminal or Disk Utility. And click on Install Monterey.

Accept terms and services.Plug your laptop to power adapter. Proceed with installation.

It will reboot before finishing. In Opencore select new entry it will be something like install Monterey.

Then wait for third reboot and select your disk. This part is longest.

After that you might be rebooted again to setting up your mac. (you will need to select in opencore your installation drive)
Or you might continue to setting up your mac without rebooting.

If you can't get to setting up your Mac. Retry installation but after every reboot restart/clear nvram.

After you are done with setting up your mac. You will be in Monterey. Launch Disk Utility and extended your Monterey disk.

Then reboot to opencore, select recovery. In recovery open terminal. Type in csrutil disable and after its executed reboot to Monterey.

Launch Opencore Legacy patcher and let it run and reboot.Your gpu will be fixed now. But you might need to do some additional fixes by yourself.

This is how I did it with Dell latitude e5430.
Ivy bridge cpu and Intel HD Graphics 4000.
However I don't recommend Monterey if you don't have Monterey compatible wifi card.
Am gonna stay on big sur.

Make installation usb as if you were installing big sur. Put your working opencore EFI folder(from big sur)and Opencore Legacy patcher app to usb stick which has Monterey recovery (+Monterey app if you made installer from app store).

If you have only Monterey recovery plug in your Ethernet cable before you continue.

Boot from your USB. Select Install Monterey.

Format your disk, either by terminal or disk utility. Chat gpt will be your best friend for this task. I recommend you to make small volume for installation 80gb max. It will take ages if you make larger.

Then exit Terminal or Disk Utility. And click on Install Monterey.

Accept terms and services.Plug your laptop to power adapter. Proceed with installation.

It will reboot before finishing. In Opencore select new entry it will be something like install Monterey.

Then wait for third reboot and select your disk. This part is longest.

After that you might be rebooted again to setting up your mac. (you will need to select in opencore your installation drive)
Or you might continue to setting up your mac without rebooting.

If you can't get to setting up your Mac. Retry installation but after every reboot restart/clear nvram.

After you are done with setting up your mac. You will be in Monterey. Launch Disk Utility and extended your Monterey disk.

Then reboot to opencore, select recovery. In recovery open terminal. Type in csrutil disable and after its executed reboot to Monterey.

Launch Opencore Legacy patcher and let it run and reboot.Your gpu will be fixed now. But you might need to do some additional fixes by yourself.

This is how I did it with Dell latitude e5430.
Ivy bridge cpu and Intel HD Graphics 4000.
However I don't recommend Monterey if you don't have Monterey compatible wifi card.
Am gonna stay on big sur.
Thx your kindly reply.

So, it did not need add the iGPU patch (.kext) in installation USB, right ? Just used the Opencore Legacy patcher app added the path after the installation done ?

Thx your kindly reply.

So, it did not need add the iGPU patch (.kext) in installation USB, right ? Just used the Opencore Legacy patcher app added the path after the installation done ?
Yes install it without IGPU patch and run OPL after installation.

Yes install it without IGPU patch and run OPL after installation.
I am trying to upgrade to Monterey, but encountered some problem. After running Monterey Installer, and reboot several times, the boot process become slow and generated a lot "AppleKeyStore: 11114:537: operation failed". Is that normal ?

I am trying to upgrade to Monterey, but encountered some problem. After running Monterey Installer, and reboot several times, the boot process become slow and generated a lot "AppleKeyStore: 11114:537: operation failed". Is that normal ?
Have got to the os successfully?

Back