Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Everything is installed and working, i even swapped from itlwn to the Airport one for Monterey and thats working. As far as i can tell the only thing i have left to investigate and see if i can figure out is the audio combo port, headphones work but the mic just reads as line in and doesn't function. I am going to do a live cd for linux and double check my audio card make sure the one i am using is right, and if it is then i don't think there will be a fix as it only has 2 codes 3 and 13 and i have tried em both.
My machine came with an Intel Wifi card, at the time there were no kexts for it

swapped it over for a BCM94360NG which requires no kexts and all features work

audio can be a pain with mic and line output etc

there is a guide here:
but not for the faint of heart!

i couldn't find the config.plist in the boot usb
hi.png

i couldn't find the config.plist in the boot usbView attachment 563097
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Post 1 has been updated with OpenCore version 0.9.3 and latest kexts

With this latest version, XhciPortLimit has been updated to work on later versions of macOS

So no need to install Catalina first, then do the USB port mapping and then update to later versions of macOS

With this latest version, XhciPortLimit has been updated to work on later versions of macOS

So no need to install Catalina first, then do the USB port mapping and then update to later versions of macOS
:clap::clap: Good to hear the XHCIPortLimit works with newer versions.

updated post 1 EFI to show ResetNvram on Picker

Still need to change post #1 in the intro section.

Despite this guide is in Big Sur Section, I highly recommend at this time to install Catalina so you can perform proper USB discovery using this guide:

after installation, reason being is that XhciPortLimit is broken in Big Sur and Monterey and is required for USB port discovery.

Once you have Catalina installed and the above USBPorts.kext correctly configured, then you can update to latest OpenCore and kexts and then upgrade to Big Sur or Monterey

Hi Guys :)

I have some problem when installing Monterey. I made a USB boot device with OpenCore Legacy Patcher (v1.0.1), and used it to try installing OS. When I click the Monterey installer in OCLP boot picker, it will take a black screen a little while and go back the boot picker, the installer did not start installing process (Boot picker -> click installer -> back to Boot picker ... loop forever).

Did anyone know how to solve this problem.

Hi Guys :)

I have some problem when installing Monterey. I made a USB boot device with OpenCore Legacy Patcher (v1.0.1), and used it to try installing OS. When I click the Monterey installer in OCLP boot picker, it will take a black screen a little while and go back the boot picker, the installer did not start installing process (Boot picker -> click installer -> back to Boot picker ... loop forever).

Did anyone know how to solve this problem.
my guide does not use legacy patcher....

my guide does not use legacy patcher....
I using the Ivy Bridge architecture laptop, and the iGPU (HD4000) did not support Monterey any more. The Monterey did not need patch to support dropped hardware ?

Back