Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Sorry , but i think it is Skylake, and the equivalent EFI is shown in Post#1.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
Sorry , but i think it is Skylake, and the equivalent EFI is shown in Post#1.
Hmm, doesn't look you have changed to IntelMausi, as on my end it still shows "RealtekRTL8111" in your kexts folder and the plist. Download "IntelMausiEthernet.kext", copy it to your kexts folder, delete "RealtekRTL8111", and then modify these two parts of your plist:
Code:
<string>RealtekRTL8111.kext</string>
<string>Contents/MacOS/RealtekRTL8111</string>
to
Code:
<string>IntelMausiEthernet.kext</string>
<string>Contents/MacOS/IntelMausiEthernet</string>
Then try booting.

I believe the problem is coming because you haven't set your ig-platform-id correctly. Take a look at this screenshot:
View attachment 501144
Your processor is a Kaby Lake system. I'm not sure if it is Kaby Lake-R or just Kaby Lake, but either way you should set your "AAPL,ig-platform-id" to the one specified in the guide (which is 00001B59). Your current one is "AAAbWQ==", which isn't correct for your Kaby Lake system. If your system is Kaby Lake-R, make sure to modify your device-id too. Otherwise, just make the ig-plaftorm-id change.

Hi, thank you very much for your help. Yes, I have Kaby Lake-R. Where are you seeing that I have "AAAbWQ=="? I just looked at the config.plist on my usb with ProperTree and it shows the right values for me, check my screenshot

1608107014344.png

Hi, thank you very much for your help. Yes, I have Kaby Lake-R. Where are you seeing that I have "AAAbWQ=="? I just looked at the config.plist on my usb with ProperTree and it shows the right values for me, check my screenshot
Interesting, I checked in ProperTree too, and it shows the correct values. On notepad, it shows "AAAbWQ==". It should be the same on both though...

My sytem is now running pretty smoothly, thanks to your support.
However, there are minor irritation and i wonder if somebody could look at.During boot "OCS No Schema for TextMode 1 at 8 index context (tools)"
The boot log contains also some error messages.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
  • opencore-2020-12-17-072707.txt.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 39
Interesting, I checked in ProperTree too, and it shows the correct values. On notepad, it shows "AAAbWQ==". It should be the same on both though...

Here is screenshot of both my config.plist's DeviceProperties when opened on ProperTree and on mac's Text app. The values look very different on each two. Is that not normal?

1608240942152.png

1608240958140.png

Here is screenshot of both my config.plist's DeviceProperties when opened on ProperTree and on mac's Text app. The values look very different on each two. Is that not normal?

View attachment 501422

View attachment 501423
why are you using an IG-platform id for a skylake for?

also model needs to be changed to Intel HD Graphics 630
(assuming your hardware profile is correct?)

why are you using an IG-platform id for a skylake for?

also model needs to be changed to Intel HD Graphics 630
(assuming your hardware profile is correct?)

Thank you, not sure what an IG-platform id is.

As far as I know, my cpu is Kabylake-R

Thank you, not sure what an IG-platform id is.

As far as I know, my cpu is Kabylake-R
it is mentioned in post 2 as to what settings needs to be changed

Back