Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

I tried it 10 times and always reseted the NVRAM. I also changed th quirks again and it still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas why? Here my entire BOOT-Partition now:

Attachments

• BOOT.zip
    3 MB · Views: 64
I tried it 10 times and always reseted the NVRAM. I also changed th quirks again and it still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas why? Here my entire BOOT-Partition now:
tried what ten times?

you may need to experiment with different booter quirks

Can you try to configure it for me? As you can see I'm not very good in this.

Can you try to configure it for me? As you can see I'm not very good in this.
not really as i don't have the same laptop as you to be able to test it

Do you then have any ideas what I exactly should change in the config?

Do you then have any ideas what I exactly should change in the config?
it will most likely be the section with:
DevirtualiseMmio
ProtectUefiServices
RebuildAppleMemoryMap
SyncRuntimePermissions

etc...

enabling/disabling various ones (resetting nvram after each test) may start the boot process

Now I reinstalled the complete USB and it says in a popup: MyGetFileSize: File not found. could that be the problem? And it's stuck at "Updating the MBR with boot0..."

Now I reinstalled the complete USB and it says in a popup: MyGetFileSize: File not found. could that be the problem? And it's stuck at "Updating the MBR with boot0..."
more specifics please...

Fixed it already and where's the DVMT-Prealloc stuff? In my BIOS isn't the option so I thought it could be the option I should change in the config.

Fixed it already and where's the DVMT-Prealloc stuff? In my BIOS isn't the option so I thought it could be the option I should change in the config.
it is already enabled:

framebuffer-patch-enable -> Data 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem -> Data 00003001
framebuffer-fbmem -> Data 00009000

Back