it still stuck on booting

Last edited:
make sure your bios settings are correct:

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 32MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
According to VerifyMsrE2.efi my cfg-lock is enabled and I have Applecpupmcfglock and Applexcpmcfglock both False and I can still boot no problems with APM this is on my Hp Elitebook 850 G6 ?

According to VerifyMsrE2.efi my cfg-lock is enabled and I have Applecpupmcfglock and Applexcpmcfglock both False and I can still boot no problems with APM this is on my Hp Elitebook 850 G6 ?
nice :)

Thanks Feartech but the thing is can we rely on VerifymsrE2.efi or is it giving us a false positive ?
I am not too sure to be honest, I don't think there is an option in my BIOS for it anyway

I did have to mod my BIOS back in the High Sierra days to upgrade the microcodes and while i was in there, i turned off the Nvidia GPU, i may have disabled CFG lock but it was a long time ago

I sometimes use macOS on my desktop machine using an Asus Prime Z370-P and that has the option to tun it off in the BIOS

I have just heard that it needs to be turned off for macOS to work and have seen verbose outputs when it is enabled and it normally just hangs somewhere

assumed you have tested resetting your nvram?

yes, you haven't added SSDT-IMEI.aml to your config.plist

bit vague, not really a question i can answer without a pic
i thought i should put it in ACPI folder only

Back