Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Hi, Hope things around you well
Sorry for my late reply, due to my unexpected work, I've just been home. I had re-work on my laptop from scratch and I found that im failed at creating USB. Now, all things had been done and I have a little question

I want to make my laptop stay awake when I closing the lid. I want to connect and work on external monitor via DisplayPort? What should I make change?

Thank you very much, ^^

I want to make my laptop stay awake when I closing the lid. I want to connect and work on external monitor via DisplayPort? What should I make change?

Off-topic. Open a separate thread.

Hello. I just noticed that there is an update for High Sierra. Any advice before applying the update? I read in a different post that some people had problems and that something (I cannot describe it) needs to be modified in apfs.efi file. Thanks.

Hello. I just noticed that there is an update for High Sierra. Any advice before applying the update? I read in a different post that some people had problems and that something (I cannot describe it) needs to be modified in apfs.efi file. Thanks.

If you're referring to 10.13.1, you should be able to apply it provided you followed the ProBook guide.

If you're referring to 10.13.1, you should be able to apply it provided you followed the ProBook guide.

Thanks. But I would like to update my Lenovo. I did the conversion of my SSD and everything works great. Thanks

Hi guys! I am using this guide to install High Sierra on my laptop (HP pavilion x360 15-bk102ng). I managed to load with config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist, but only with ig-platform-id 0x12345678, otherwise I get the kernel panic. But with these setting quartz doesn't work. When I use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, I can load with default 0x591b0000, and quartz works, but wi-fi and keyboard/touchpad stop working! Can anyone suggest a solution?

UPDATE: Seems like I install Multibeast on my laptop and forgot about that. I figured it out when I run "kextcache -i /" and saw that there are multibeast's kexts in Library. I deleted them, and copy my EFI folder from USB to system EFI. Quartz, wifi, keyboard and touchpad work now.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I have been using the SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext with Sierra for a while now. I have 2 SSDs in raid for Windows, with intel RST selected in bios instead of AHCI.

I've made a clean install of High Sierra today. Followed the same steps as I did with Sierra, but it freezes right after clover screen. Not even a loading bar under the apple logo.

I'm using version 0.9.3 of the kext, which I think is the latest. But doesn't seem like it's helping.

Hi,

I followed the guide and successfully booted MacOS High Sierra desktop.
However my trackpad / touchpad (ELAN I2C (ELAN0501)) and Keyboard did not work.

Any tips on what I might try to do?

Thanks so much for this guide!

I have been using the SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext with Sierra for a while now. I have 2 SSDs in raid for Windows, with intel RST selected in bios instead of AHCI.

I've made a clean install of High Sierra today. Followed the same steps as I did with Sierra, but it freezes right after clover screen. Not even a loading bar under the apple logo.

I'm using version 0.9.3 of the kext, which I think is the latest. But doesn't seem like it's helping.

Open a separate thread.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back