Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I have two hanging at boot scenarios as my drive is partitioned with a Yosemite and El Capitan install. It works on the i7-4820 32GB Ram model of the below computer, however on the model detailed below, it is stuck. Its hanging at boot just after SXS_LUD while starting OS 10.11. Eventually the screen fractures and it says still waiting on root device. The problem is usually related to the USB, but thus far I have had no luck solving it. Booting OS 10.10, it hangs at RootUID, which I have had luck on alternate models by changing the ig-platform id in clover, but again no luck with any troubleshooting on this one.

My clover folder is attached as well as a verbos screenshot for both. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

System: ASUS ROG G752
NVIDIA GTX 980M 8GB
Intel Core i7-6820HK
64GB DDR4
1TB SSD

You did not follow the guide in post #1.

You did not follow the guide in post #1.
Updated the Clover folder, removing unnecessary drivers and kexts. I use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad because it works for my model as to voodooPs2controller.

Attachments

• CLOVER_980M_64GB.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 117
In what case can I upload my EFI for somebody have more experience to have a glance? I'm really sure that I was able to boot to clover, install Mac to the ssd, reboot again using clover in usb, do the phase 2 mentioned in the post-installation. But no matter what I do, my clover never showed up the SSD drive that I install. Im really really stuck at this point...

Can you please clarify? In what regard?

Your EFI/Clover is not as written in the guide.
Not even close.
Start over and follow the guide as written...

Updated the Clover folder, removing unnecessary drivers and kexts. I use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad because it works for my model as to voodooPs2controller.

Still not correct.
Patched ACPI not needed to reach the installer. Remove all files in ACPI/patched.
Your config.plist is not from my guide.
EFI/Clover/kexts is not per guide. Use only the kexts as recommended in the guide. If you want to use a different PS2 kext, that's fine, but there is no need for kexts such as AppleHDA.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext, CodecCommander.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID.kext, nor HDAEnabler.kext. Typical kexts are FakeSMC, ethernet kext, and PS2 kext.

In what case can I upload my EFI for somebody have more experience to have a glance? I'm really sure that I was able to boot to clover, install Mac to the ssd, reboot again using clover in usb, do the phase 2 mentioned in the post-installation. But no matter what I do, my clover never showed up the SSD drive that I install. Im really really stuck at this point...

Make sure you have latest Clover (currently r4049).

I use the old one because I thought it would be more safer..

But I think my problem is occured in this thread though..
But still Im not able to analyse it..

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tops-with-clover.148093/page-318#post-1470459

What doesn't work:

-Boot from HDD. Have to have clover USB stick (or mess with windows' EFI partition, AT YOUR OWN RISK)
BIOS doesn't support boot from SATA HDD EFI (see attached picture for boot options. Even after clover install on HDD, it doesn't show up in BIOS).

I use the old one because I thought it would be more safer..

But I think my problem is occured in this thread though..
But still Im not able to analyse it..

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tops-with-clover.148093/page-318#post-1470459

What doesn't work:

-Boot from HDD. Have to have clover USB stick (or mess with windows' EFI partition, AT YOUR OWN RISK)
BIOS doesn't support boot from SATA HDD EFI (see attached picture for boot options. Even after clover install on HDD, it doesn't show up in BIOS).

Use current Clover.

Still not correct.
Patched ACPI not needed to reach the installer. Remove all files in ACPI/patched.
Your config.plist is not from my guide.
EFI/Clover/kexts is not per guide. Use only the kexts as recommended in the guide. If you want to use a different PS2 kext, that's fine, but there is no need for kexts such as AppleHDA.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext, CodecCommander.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID.kext, nor HDAEnabler.kext. Typical kexts are FakeSMC, ethernet kext, and PS2 kext.

I already have OS X installed on my ssd, Im just trying to boot at this point. Im trying the same install with different models of my computer, so I skip ahead in the guide. I have had luck many times this way and thats why I patched ACPI. Ill go through the guide again though and see if I can find the issue.

Back