Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi, sorry I couldn't read all the replies, because it was too many. So, forgive me if I ask a repeated question.
You can see my system in my signature. I downloaded the zip file from GitHub and, copied config_HD4000_1600x900.plist EFI/CLOVER/, and renamed it to config.plist. But, after that Clover stopped showing my macOS. There is nothing to choose on Clover, only options and other menus.
By the way, I'm trying to fix HD 4000 graphics on Sierra.

Sorry, I just noticed this guide was for installing Mac OS X, not a guide for after installed Mac OS X. Ignore my previous post, I'll look more.

Hi, sorry I couldn't read all the replies, because it was too many. So, forgive me if I ask a repeated question.
You can see my system in my signature. I downloaded the zip file from GitHub and, copied config_HD4000_1600x900.plist EFI/CLOVER/, and renamed it to config.plist. But, after that Clover stopped showing my macOS. There is nothing to choose on Clover, only options and other menus.
By the way, I'm trying to fix HD 4000 graphics on Sierra.

You forgot HFSPlus.efi. Read the guide carefully.

Notes on HDD install:
- you might want "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi", but it would depend on whether native NVRAM works for you (most Skylake hardware has non-functional native NVRAM with OS X/macOS)
- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not for USB
- selecting "Install Clover Preference Pane" is optional
- there are also some "Optional RC Scripts" you might want to read about
- if you're installing Clover legacy, check "Install Clover in the ESP"

Is it applied to SSD install?

How about SSD 2.5 in using SATA to USB port (question mark)

Thanks for fast reply, but I still don't understand your comment.

Initially, you will need the same configuration you used for USB.

So if I use a SSD as a mac Hard Drive instead of a HDD mentioned in the post, do I need to apply the "Note on SSD install"

Thanks for fast reply, but I still don't understand your comment.

So if I use a SSD as a mac Hard Drive instead of a HDD mentioned in the post, do I need to apply the "Note on SSD install"

Clover requirements are essentially the same regardless of whether it us USB/HDD/SSD.
Must use correct drivers64UEFI, config.plist, kexts, config.plist for your hardware.

I have two hanging at boot scenarios as my drive is partitioned with a Yosemite and El Capitan install. It works on the i7-4820 32GB Ram model of the below computer, however on the model detailed below, it is stuck. Its hanging at boot just after SXS_LUD while starting OS 10.11. Eventually the screen fractures and it says still waiting on root device. The problem is usually related to the USB, but thus far I have had no luck solving it. Booting OS 10.10, it hangs at RootUID, which I have had luck on alternate models by changing the ig-platform id in clover, but again no luck with any troubleshooting on this one.

My clover folder is attached as well as a verbos screenshot for both. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

System: ASUS ROG G752
NVIDIA GTX 980M 8GB
Intel Core i7-6820HK
64GB DDR4
1TB SSD

Attachments

• 20170401_185323.jpg
    20170401_185323.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170401_185406.jpg
    20170401_185406.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82