Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Is that a question or statement?
What do you mean by it?
A statement , after finish install el capitan , reboot but in clover not find the partition where i have installed el capitan :(
ps: srry for my bad english! and thank for your support!

A statement , after finish install el capitan , reboot but in clover not find the partition where i have installed el capitan :(
ps: srry for my bad english! and thank for your support!

Did you read the guide carefully?
After the first stage of install, you boot a second time to install_osx on USB.
It is quite clear in the guide post #2.

Where find "/Graphics/ig-platform-id" ?

"In any case you may need to change the ig-platform-id that is used at /Graphics/ig-platform-id. But these configurations work most of the time."

Where find "/Graphics/ig-platform-id" ?

In config.plist.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

"In any case you may need to change the ig-platform-id that is used at /Graphics/ig-platform-id. But these configurations work most of the time."

Use the default provided ig-platform-id. Change if necessary.

Note: Your profile is not filled out correctly.

Following this guide, I used to run EL Capitan 10.11.6 perfectly.
But when I tried booting up Sierra 10.12.3 installation under the exact same configurations, I get this kernel panic

IMG_9470 (1).jpg

Any help is appreciated :)

Following this guide, I used to run EL Capitan 10.11.6 perfectly.
But when I tried booting up Sierra 10.12.3 installation under the exact same configurations, I get this kernel panic

View attachment 232909

Any help is appreciated :)

You did not follow the guide. It is clear you're not using the VoodooPS2Controller.kext linked from post #1.

You did not follow the guide. It is clear you're not using the VoodooPS2Controller.kext linked from post #1.

Yeah that was it. I replaced it with the newer one and and works now .. Thank you

rehabman, i followed your instructions fully with the hd5500 plist file and trying to boot into the sierra installer but my laptop wont even boot into clover. shows a black screen after i chooce my usb stick from bios boot drive selection. if i do a regular clover installation, i can boot in to clover no problem but booting into the sierra installer gives me an aptio error with +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ signs. any ideas?

Back