Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Do you have a link to one I could use..? Really don't know which one to pick.
Hi! Please go to your profile and set the signature to your specs. You need to provide the following:
  • System: manufacturer/model
  • CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
  • Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution
Use my signature as an example. It will help to service you faster. Thank you!

Last edited:
"Still waiting for root device" when booting from USB indicates a USB problem.

Make sure you try all USB ports. Since is unlikely your USB3 controller is supported, use a USB2 flash drive.
Hi. Are you available to respond to my issue? If not that's fine. Thanks!

Do you have a link to one I could use..? Really don't know which one to pick.

I have no ELAN hardware, so I'm not tracking the development. It is also not open source, so it would not interest me even if I had the hardware.

hi as I use browsed online in safari or chrome my screen flickers. Also I have No Audio

Thank for the help

Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller). You only need the kexts that allow you to boot and operate the installer. Other kexts that you might use in the final installation can wait.

I always use my own versions of these kexts:
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
VoodooPS2Controller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Note: Please READ the README at each link so you know where pre-built binaries are located. Copy only the kext to Clover/kexts/Other (usually the kext is found in the Release folder inside the ZIP).

I can't seem to find the .kext files ? I do not find any Release folder inside the zips, neither do I see the actual .kext files anywhere. Any helps?

Thank you in advance for all your time !!! :clap::clap::clap:

I can't seem to find the .kext files ? I do not find any Release folder inside the zips, neither do I see the actual .kext files anywhere. Any helps?

Thank you in advance for all your time !!! :clap::clap::clap:

As per guide, read the README.

Could anyone share config.plist for Dell Vostro 3450 with HD 3000 (see laptop specs in my signature) I cannot get to the installer I get error (see attached screenshot and copy of my CLOVER):
Missing bluetooth controller transport!
still waiting for root device

Attachments

• error-02.jpg
    error-02.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 84
  • EFI.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Could anyone share config.plist for Dell Vostro 3450 with HD 3000 (see laptop specs in my signature) I cannot get to the installer I get error (see attached screenshot and copy of my CLOVER):
Missing bluetooth controller transport!
still waiting for root device

You neglected to provide screen resolution in your signature. Please fix. Read post #1 for all details required in your profile/signature.

"Still waiting for root device..." when booting from USB indicates a USB problem. Try all USB ports. Make sure you're using an Intel USB2 port, with a USB2 stick. Your USB3 controller, if you have one, is not likely to be supported.

Also, you should fix your Clover setup. It is not per guide post #1.

Back