Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

using your config_HD4000_1600x900.plist and config_HD4000_1600x900.plist both get me the exact same hang at root uuid is....

Also just tried with/without XHCI and Elan kexts

What's weird is they boot into the metal theme, not the bluemac theme.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

toshiba p55w bios would not take to clover with the guid format, did you call it gpt the windows version? Maybe missed a thing in post 1. Changed to mbr with 2 partitions but that won't work either. I noticed that disk utility app sees the clover efi as fat 16 is this a problem? but with diskutil list shows as fat 32. As the linux usb shows as fat 32 in disk utility app(which machine takes fine) but the difference is its on a single partition.

any idea?

toshiba p55w bios would not take to clover with the guid format, did you call it gpt the windows version? Maybe missed a thing in post 1. Changed to mbr with 2 partitions but that won't work either. I noticed that disk utility app sees the clover efi as fat 16 is this a problem? but with diskutil list shows as fat 32. As the linux usb shows as fat 32 in disk utility app(which machine takes fine) but the difference is its on a single partition.

any idea?

Are you sure your laptop is UEFI capable?

Did you disable secure boot?

Did you enable USB boot?

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

in bios: usb set to boot 1st, (worked well with uefi linux usb) vt-x was enabled, secure boot was disabled.

Installed clover to the clover efi partition sized to 209.7 mb.

Now updated system in forum profile.

note: saw the linux usb that worked was formatted in mbr. Ive tried once on the clover usb with guid now have tried mbr but no go yet.

would it perhaps help to get more bios settings unlocked? not sure if its going to take a compatible wifi anyway..

in bios: usb set to boot 1st, (worked well with uefi linux usb) vt-x was enabled, secure boot was disabled.

Installed clover to the clover efi partition sized to 209.7 mb.

Now updated system in forum profile.

note: saw the linux usb that worked was formatted in mbr. Ive tried once on the clover usb with guid now have tried mbr but no go yet.

Are you using your BIOS hotkey for boot menu?

Took a bit of work to get anywhere, but even before ever getting a boot menu and without changing anything except shutting down holding shift seemed to get it to finally work. Read somewhere that called it full shutdown or something. None of the f keys were doing a thing.

Took a bit of work to get anywhere, but even before ever getting a boot menu and without changing anything except shutting down holding shift seemed to get it to finally work. Read somewhere that called it full shutdown or something. None of the f keys were doing a thing.

Every machine has its own mechanism for reaching the boot menu. Recent Lenovo's like my u430 use a special "Novo" button used instead of the power button to reach the boot menu, bios setup menu, and recovery options.

It is best to read the manual provided by the OEM.

So I dual boot Windows & OSX. Recently formatted the Windows partition to install Windows 10. I did not touch the EFI partition. I also use a FAT32 formatted USB drive to with CLOVER & have not installed CLOVER to hard disk. Still OSX won't boot now. It goes to display something about UUID & then reboots.

Help please!

So I dual boot Windows & OSX. Recently formatted the Windows partition to install Windows 10. I did not touch the EFI partition. I also use a FAT32 formatted USB drive to with CLOVER & have not installed CLOVER to hard disk. Still OSX won't boot now. It goes to display something about UUID & then reboots.

Help please!

Post EFI/Clover folder.

--

Please provide complete (all 6) details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi guys

Thanks RehabMan for this great tutorial.
Following this post I have been able to install yosemite in my Lenovo Z500, with clover EFI.

-This things are working right now:

Audio & Microphone
Camera
USB (USB 3.0 also but I don't know if at 3.0 mode, I can't try it now..)
Battery indicator
Brightness
Wifi (not internal, I know that is not supported, I'm using a EDIMAX usb)
Ethernet
Headphones with microphone

-Not working or not well:

Touchpad is working with your kext "VoodooPS2Controller.kext", but doesn't work the multitouch and other gestures.
I saw that maybe I need to install this drivers, but honestly I don't know if I have ELAN touchpad on my computer.
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

HDMI is working, but after a few seconds, the screen turned black, but only the television, not in the laptop., also the HDMI audio is not working
Any way to fix this?

And for the moment everything else is working.

Thanks!

Back